cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pay twice for ADSL activation

JRB

How to pay twice for ADSL activation

I have had to pay for 2 ADSL line activations.

When I registered my upgrade from dial up to ADSL, Plusnet picked up the primary CLI number from my dial up account when setting up my ADSL upgrade and not the phone number I entered into their form.

Plusnet say I entered the wrong dial up number in the form, but I know that is impossible. I have made many requests to Plusnet to present the evidence proving the wrong number entry they claim, but they have not been able to produce it.

If you plan to upgrade to ADSL using a different phone line than that for your dial up, be warned, it could end up costing you time and money.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: How to pay twice for ADSL activation

> I have had to pay for 2 ADSL line activations.
>
> When I registered my upgrade from dial up to ADSL, Plusnet picked up the primary CLI number from my dial up account when setting up my ADSL upgrade and not the phone number I entered into their form.
>
> Plusnet say I entered the wrong dial up number in the form, but I know that is impossible. I have made many requests to Plusnet to present the evidence proving the wrong number entry they claim, but they have not been able to produce it.
>
> If you plan to upgrade to ADSL using a different phone line than that for your dial up, be warned, it could end up costing you time and money.

This must be frustrating for you, hope they get it sorted ok for you. When I signed up to Plusnet in March a duplicate account was setup in error and 2 payments leaving my account, it was sorted out after a number of phone calls and messages via the Contact Us feature.