cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor line condition?

N/A

BT Contractors are currently digging trenches in every road in our area and from what I've heard it's to improve the local provision of broadband. When I applied for an upgrade to 1Mb it was turned down because of line noise and apparently I'm on the limits for 512K.

What's the best way (if there is one) for me to monitor my line condition. My Belkin router doesn't provide any info.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If your router cannot tell you then the only way is to ask PlsuNet to perform a woosh test on your line. You need to explain why you want the test performed i.e. giving the info you have given above.

However, you can't keep asking plusnet to perform the test at frequent intervals as it is a time consuming activity and there are limited trained staff who can do it.
N/A

Thanks Peter - as I thought think I'll email Belkin, I can't be the only one in the world who needs this info from their router. I just wondered if there was some software available that I could use.
Community Veteran

Nope the only place the line can be tested is on the physical ADSL line and only the router can do that.

It depends on the ADSL hardware if it is capable of monitoring the line conditions and actually reporting it. Many routers don't have that capability.