cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know when upgradeto Exchange is complete?

N/A

Gentlemen,

According the the published PDF document my exchange was due to be upgraded in April.

2 DSLAMs one requiring multiple visits. The exchange is listed twice in the PDF document both for visits in April.

Looking on the user tools http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Holmfirth&exact=501&plugin=upgrade the last update was April 11th.

Is that the last update to the page or the last time the exchange was updated?

Basically what I am asking is;
It's mid May now, my connection speed has not changed, I am impatient, how do I tell if;
a) More visits are planned.
b) When and if the next visit is planned.
c)If the exchange is completed and my connection has not been upgraded.

My stats are 55db incoming attenuation with a signal to noise of 22.5 db. So I expect to get a 1 meg connection but not 2.

Regards,

Cerberos
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I was listed for april as well my DSLAM did not require multiple visits. BT are being rather reluctant to release the information about which exchanges are finished etc. I think BT are behind. To quote chesterfield:
My DSLAM is to be done in May - woo hooo. If BT keep to their usuall schedule, I should be on 1mb by August then with any luck icon_wink.gif

Sorry I Could Not Be Of More Help Sad
N/A

Same Boat, different Exchange!

Hi there,
I am in exactly the same boat as you are - my exchange, Hardingstone has 2 DSLAMs both requiring multiple visits, but both due to be upgraded in April. Last update was on 11 April too. I would like to know when I am going to get the speed upgrade, but all I have been told is I have to keep checking the synchronisation(?) speed on my router and when it goes up, I have to phone PlusNet to have the speed changed. I thought the speed upgrades were supposed to be automatic?

Comments by a PN representative would be nice........
Community Veteran

I am working on a tool that will allow people to go on to my website and input their exchange dslam PN username and the status of thier upgrade. other users can then go on and search using thier exchange code and find out whether other users have been upgraded or not. I am nearly finished and will post when it is fully live!

Edit: At PN's end they are auto but this is reliant on BT telling PN that the upgrade is complete, many users are finding they have been upgraded before PN release the throttle therefore it is advisable to continue checking you sync speed to ensure you know when the upgrade is complete!
N/A

on usertools, if you put in your phone number it tells you which DSLAM your on, apparently, im set for June Cheesy
N/A

So it does - it didn't used to tell you. Not that it makes any difference in my case.

It would be better if the information on it wasn't over 6 weeks out of date!
Community Veteran

The reason the info is 6 weeks out of date is because that is the only info that has been given by BT. My tool is reliant on users posting to it the status of thier upgrade it will not be official data but users helping other users to gain an idea of whether thier exchange /DSLAM has been upgraded.
N/A

Info on Exchange Upgrades

:roll:
Like everyone else, it seems an eternity since we were promised upgrades. I am a 512 Premium user and looking forward to 2mb, but no idea when or if I rally will get 2mb, more or less.
You can keep an eye on your exchange with the following link and compare exchanges. Hope it is of some use.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/capacity-league.php?
Mike
N/A

Unfortunatly, the Samknows website presents little and no information for people waiting for there free upgrades.
N/A

Basically what I am asking is;
It's mid May now, my connection speed has not changed, I am impatient, how do I tell if;
a) More visits are planned.
b) When and if the next visit is planned.
c)If the exchange is completed and my connection has not been upgraded.

So in answer to my original questions,

There is no answer - just sit and wait and maybe if I am lucky I will get upgraded - sometime - but may be not?

I was under the impression I would get the upgrade in April, its June next week. I am paying the same money as people who were upgraded in April, am I justified in feeling a little frustrated?

I know PlusNet only passed on the infromation they were given by BT.

A little feedback would greatly relieve the frustration I am feeling.

For example upgrade delyed until approximately........?
Exchange upgrade complete, we were unable to increase your line speed!
First visit complete, next visit scheduled for..........

Come on guys, it has gone awfully quite.
holdtight
Grafter

am I justified in feeling a little frustrated?

Justified i would say as are most people still waiting, my exchange has 3 DSLAM`s im on the 1st which is the only one with multiple visits listed to start in april
so three weeks apart for each three visits Huh if anyone can tell me what this duration is for i would be most grateful probably a good reason just dont know what it is

Like everyone else i was expecting to be upgraded by now but good old BT
sinewave
Grafter

If my exchange is anything to go by I feel the situation is a little more involved than just waiting for the upgrade.

My exchange was scheduled to be upgraded in April and early May. At the end of April I noticed my router was synching at 2Mb speed - though I was "surfing" at 512k. After contacting PN they switched me over to 2Mb (they removed the throttle). I've never had 2Mb speeds since then as there is still work going on at my exchange (VP rating on the usertools site lists it as red). I was wondering why BT had not told PN they had upgraded my connection and I suspect it is due to the fact they had more work to do.

My point is that list of dates showing the upgrade schedule is just telling us when the upgrade will occur, but perhaps we should not interpret that to mean that is the date when we will be able to get a speed increase!

It is all rather frustrating, the carrot is dangling but many of us can't take a bite! Patience is the order of the day I feel.
kissack
Grafter

my adsl modem listed the new speed (2mb) after a reboot and from there I got +net upgrade. worth seeing if your will show the same?