cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Public IP address?

N/A

Hi all, I'm trying to get my copy of FIFA2004 working online and overcome some connection issues. Aparently, most routers assign an internal IP address to the PS2 but in order for this game to work well I need to give the Playstation a Public IP address, not a private one.

I'm using the Netgear MR314 wireless router, does anybody know how to do this?

TIA
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

what you need to do is set the port rules in the router to forward to the PS2's internal IP, which means it will have ot have a manual IP set not DCHP assigned

How to here
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Or just put the IP of the PS2 into the DMZ of the router. Thats what I have done and Fifa is now problem free Wink
N/A

Hi steven, by putting the PS2 IP address in the DMZ area, do you still need to open/forward the relevant ports that FIFA requires? Or does the DMZ area open up everything anyway?
N/A

DMZ forwards every port that does not have a seperate port forward rule.

IE. if you set the DMZ/Default to 192.168.3.3 and port 21 to 192.168.3.4, then all incoming traffic is sent to 192.168.3.3, traffic to 21 to 192.168.3.4 and any NAT translated traffic to the relavent system.
N/A

Thanks Philip! Will give it a try later. Cheers all.