cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect?

N/A

How to connect?

I have a BT line. Should I use the whip tec icon to connect, when I do, a dial-up box appears. When I press dial a number is dialed (0845 14000101) which is the same number for ASDL on a non BTline and also the same for local rate dial up. I downloaded and ran the autoconfig for IE but this appears to do nothing. :confused:
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How to connect?

> I have a BT line. Should I use the whip tec icon to connect, when I do, a dial-up box appears. When I press dial a number is dialed (0845 14000101) which is the same number for ASDL on a non BTline and also the same for local rate dial up. I downloaded and ran the autoconfig for IE but this appears to do nothing. :confused:

That is the backup(Local dialup).
When you double click the whip tec icon on the desktop it should open the adsl dialer.
N/A

> I have a BT line. Should I use the whip tec icon to connect, when I do, a dial-up box appears. When I press dial a number is dialed (0845 14000101) which is the same number for ASDL on a non BTline and also the same for local rate dial up. I downloaded and ran the autoconfig for IE but this appears to do nothing.

Hi Paul,

When the Wiptech icon is clicked upon it should call the ADSL dialler - although it does prompt for a phone number this is normally something like p0,38. Please try changing the number to these values, then try again.
Otherwise, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the modem drivers.
Please note that the auto configuration option on our portal only applies to analogue dialup, and will set this up as default as opposed to the ADSL connection.

Regards,
Richard

--
| Richard Allen................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

to do nothing.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> When the Wiptech icon is clicked upon it should call the ADSL dialler - although it does prompt for a phone number this is normally something like p0,38. Please try changing the number to these values, then try again.
> Otherwise, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the modem drivers.
> Please note that the auto configuration option on our portal only applies to analogue dialup, and will set this up as default as opposed to the ADSL connection.
>
> Regards,
> Richard
>
> --
> | Richard Allen................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home

Ok Richard, sorted thanks.
Now am I being paranoid but there are two dialers installed in my network connections, one under the heading "Dial up" is the wip tec A360 (native ATM mode)connected at a healthy 576.0kbps. And the other under the heading "Lan or High speed internet" is a ATM connection A360 (native ATM mode)which claims to be connected at a rate of 1mbs and does not have a disconnect option. Is this a form of spyware
N/A

> Now am I being paranoid but there are two dialers installed in my network connections, one under the heading "Dial up" is the wip tec A360 (native ATM mode)connected at a healthy 576.0kbps. And the other under the heading "Lan or High speed internet" is a ATM connection A360 (native ATM mode)which claims to be connected at a rate of 1mbs and does not have a disconnect option. Is this a form of spyware

Hi there,

This is normal behaviour for the drivers of this modem - it is certainly not spyware Smiley

Regards,
Richard

--
| Richard Allen................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----