cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SAR 110 as modem/bridge only

N/A

Have the routers LAN ip on 192.168.0.1, connecting to a linksys wireless broadband router with WAN port on router set at 192.168.0.200 with 192.168.0.1 as gateway

My internal LAN connectied to the LAN ports on my linksys is on 10.0.0.X ip scheme

Everything works fine but link from linksys WAN to solwise LAN goes up and down randomly (does not if i use a borrowed netgear adsl modem/router)

What I would like to do is setup the solwise as a pure modem only (bridge?) so that the WAN port of the linksys when set to DHCP gets my Plusnet IP address directly and not the solwise

Find the solwise bit complicated to configure, could some please give me a step by step rundown on how to turn the solwise from a adsl modem/router to a adsl modem/bridge

Thanks

PS Solwise site has several firmwares post 1.38, can any of these be flashed to the router, the router is not badged solwise and is called EA110 ?
3 REPLIES
markn

Try looking at the Solwise forum for the SAR110 at:
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?forumid=45

Hope this helps!
N/A

WOW that was quick, posted problem yesterday, no replies as yet there Sad
Mark_Dowd
Grafter

Hi.

I've been trying to do this for about six weeks using ZIPB (Zero IP Bridging). See the Quick Setup Guide for detailed instructions, but connect your PC directly to the router to do this.

This presents your IP address with a 255.255.255.255 (Edited to correct a typo) net mask in the DHCP response. Unfortunately my Netgear FM114P firewall screws up the connection by assuming that all replies to outgoing TCP and UDP requests are actually unexpected inbound requests. :x Other firewalls appear to work fine.

Regards :-)