cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure 3 light Binatone modem

N/A

A friend has received his starter pack and email telling him he's ready to go. He's installed the drivers but selected the wrong protocol, I'm trying to help him remotely but can't find where to change the settings. Using a web browser to look at 192.168.1.2 shows the settings but doesn't seem to offer a method of changing them. Uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers doesn't give the opportunity to reset the parameters. So where should we go to make changes?

Any help appreciated
5 REPLIES
pcorker
Grafter

N/A

thanks your help, but the pages describe the older Binatone modem, not the newer one which Plusnet now bundles.

Thanks
Mike
N/A

looking at another thread it would seem that the problem may be something to do with a Windows update. Got round it for now by reverting to a restore point. Still not synching though, which may be because he's used his old modem lead rather than the lead that came with the ADSL modem - we'll see...

Cheers
N/A

Apologies PCorker, if I'd have looked further than the opening few shots on your link I'd have seen the web interface to the configuration! Working blind this end and wasn't told that he was seeing a configuration window before getting to the browser settings page. Ahhh I'm off to bed...
Cheers
pcorker
Grafter

Are you sure about those pages because they describe the setup for my 3 lights modem and I would like to know if there has been a driver update or model change.
Thanks, Pat.
(I appreciate that communication may be a little awkward in this situation!)
EDIT OK should have refreshed before I posted!