cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check planned updates for speed?

N/A

Although i've been told my account is "up to 8mbps" i still find speeds of around 960kps, i'm pretty sure this is down to the local exchange being an antique, however as i'm on the edge of a major town i've been trying to find when this will be upgraded... any ideas? as no-one seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

cheers
spider
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Basically all automatic upgrades to MaxDSL have been put on hold until BTw get the faults out of the system.
Have a look at this announcement
N/A

Um, I'm confused. The last thing I got told regarding updates by plus was this statement in a 6th June newsletter:
We're continuing to upgrade broadband customers to up to 8Mb speeds as fast as we can. Around 35,000 customers have had their upgrade so far, with thousands more to come over the next couple of months. Due to restrictions imposed by our suppliers, it could take until October to complete all the upgrades.

Please don't call the Customer Support Centre if you want to know when your upgrade is due, as they won't have any extra information. You’ll get an email when your upgrade is completed so you don’t need to do anything until you receive this email.

According to the 15th June announcement I should have been emailed to let me know that the process has changed:

our DSLMax service offering will now be performed on an opt-in basis, and we will be emailing all those who have not yet been upgraded, to let them know.

I never received an email to that effect and find myself puzzled as to what exactly the position is? Do I get a free upgrade or what do I have to do? I realise Plus have had some custmer service problems lately, but I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know where I stand. Thanks.
N/A

Quote "But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."
N/A

I never received an email to that effect and find myself puzzled as to what exactly the position is? Do I get a free upgrade or what do I have to do? I realise Plus have had some custmer service problems lately, but I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know where I stand. Thanks.

Upgrades have been suspended indefinitely until BT fix probs.
As I understand it once these are fixed you will be on the list but plusnet do not guarantee timescale.
N/A

Upgrades have been suspended indefinitely until BT fix probs.
As I understand it once these are fixed you will be on the list but plusnet do not guarantee timescale.

Thank you very much.