cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Static IP

HellFire
Grafter

How to change Static IP

First this only works temporary as once you switch your modem off you will get your normal IP back.

Go into your modem/router config and drop your connection then dial it up again when it connects you will have a random different IP

It could be useful to change your IP like when you play online games as sometimes when you play good some servers might ban you as they think your cheating
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

How to change Static IP

Are you on broadband plus by any chance? If so, you always get allocated a different IP each time you connect. This is called a Dynamic IP. The same occurs with the modem dialup products.

ALL other products have a static IP so each time you disconnect/reconnect you are given the same one.
N/A

How to change Static IP

Can you clarify what you mean?

PlusNet only provide static IPs to non Broadband Plus accounts. There is no option for anything other here.

Broadband Plus only have the option of a dynamic IP.

According to the forums, you have posted from your normal IP`
HellFire
Grafter

How to change Static IP

I’m on Premiere 2MB

Strange I tried to do it now but I kept getting my normal IP but yesterday I had connection problems but when I done it yesterday my IP kept changing it always started with 84 or 85
N/A

How to change Static IP

These IP addresses are assigned by BT. They are designed to provide a method of showing you error messages in your web-browser, to let you know there is an issue, rather than leave you in the dark.

As there was connectivity problems yesterday evening, others users reported the BT error pages. This signifies and would tie in with your experiance.
HellFire
Grafter

How to change Static IP

Oh thanks for the info
N/A

How to change Static IP

That's crafty. BB+ Gamers wil have the pleasure of returning to the server that kicked them, still it's good if you've been wrongly accused of cheating. Smiley
HellFire
Grafter

How to change Static IP

I thought I was on to something but turns out BT assigns you a different IP to show their error page. Oh well
Community Veteran

How to change Static IP

If you have been unfairly banned/kicked from a game server, the usual action would be to mail the server admin! Or visit the relevent game clans forum and explain your grief in a factual and calm manner!!! Not try to circumvent the ban/kick!!!
I co-admin 4 game servers along with 5 other admins, and we take any possible abuse of admin rights seriously! Unless you were caught cheating, being racist, foul mouthed, or an out and out prat, then it would be looked at properly and if banned unfairly, the ban would be lifted with an appology, and admin rights for the person who banned you would be reviewed!

BTW Cheaters SUCK!!!!!!

GG Tongue