cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate log in from boot up?

N/A

I was wondering if any body knew how it may be possible to automate the log in process. So the connection is made every time PC is started AND I won't have to click on any thing or type in my password?

Yours thankfully,
William Winstanley Smiley
2 REPLIES
N/A

To make your dial-up connection "always on", follow these steps:

* If your service provider requires authentication, make sure you have saved the password by checking the Save Password checkbox in the Connect Connection Name window and connecting at least once.
* Right-click the My Network Places icon on your desktop and select Properties to bring up the Network and Dial-up Connections window.
* Locate the Dial-up connection you created for PPP over Ethernet, right-click it and select Properties.
* Select the Options tab and clear all checkboxes under Dialing options.
* Under Redialing options, set Idle time before hanging up: to never and check the Redial if line is dropped checkbox.
* Click OK to save the changes.
* Now click the Start button, select Settings then Control Panel to open the Control Panel window.
* In the Control Panel window, double-click Scheduled Tasks.
* In the Scheduled Tasks window, double-click Add Scheduled Task.
* On the welcome screen of the Scheduled Task Wizard, click Next.
* At the program selection step, click Browse... and browse to your WINNT\System32 directory.
* Type RASPHONE.EXE (note the spelling!) in the File name: edit box or locate it in the directory and select it and click Open.
* Make up a name for this task and under Perform this task: select When my computer starts. Click Next.
* Enter your password. Note: The task must be run under the same account which the dial-up entry was created under.
* At the final step, make sure that Open advanced properties for this task when I click finish is checked and click Finish.
* In the advanced properties, edit the Run: edit box and append the command-line parameters
" -d "Connection Name"".
(for example: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rasphone.exe -d "Speed Touch USB")
* Go to the Settings tab and clear all checkboxes on that page.
* Click OK to close the task's properties.
* Finally, you need to make a little registry change to prevent Windows from disconnecting when a user logs on and off again:

Run REGEDIT and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Then right-click the right-hand pane, select New -> String Value, name the value KeepRasConnections and set it to 1.

* Reboot. Windows will establish the connection automatically and keep it until you shut the machine down.
N/A

ok the easiest way would be to put your net connection in your startup folder - however the above procedure means that your pc is net connected BEFORE loggin in....