cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much bandwidth?

N/A

How much bandwidth?

Can anybody advise me of the daily/weekly/monthly amount of throughput I am allowed on my plus.net webspace. I have the 1mb home service.

Cheers, Dave
10 REPLIES
N/A

How much bandwidth?

There is a 250MB daily limit
N/A

How much bandwidth?

I am a bit sceptical of figures quoted here.

Are we talking 250MB (Bytes) disk space ot 'throughput' - Mbs (bits)

Using the 1mbs, this works out at 33m 20s of full service usage. What are you going to do for the other 23½ hours?

Please can you clarify this?
Community Veteran

How much bandwidth?

250MB of traffic transferred off of your webspace in any 24 hour period.

Anything in excess of this will usualyl be noted by PlusNet, and if deemed 'excessive' the site will temporarily be shut down.

B.
Community Veteran

How much bandwidth?

Actually, that's not quite right... what will probably happen is PlusNet will ask you to pay for the amount of data transfered in excess of the 250MB limit.

Thomas
N/A

How much bandwidth?

Both are correct, though I suspect the action taken will depend on how much over the limit you are.
N/A

How much bandwidth?

What about if you don't want any more charges...can't they just stop serving your site once it goes over the limit?

Regards.
N/A

How much bandwidth?

Thats what they essentialy do by deleteing the files.

Luckily, they delete them and inform you, unlike NTL who will delete your e-mail account, website and cut off your dial-up in the event you have a low-res webcam image updated at max once per hour.
N/A

How much bandwidth?

I am a bit sceptical of figures quoted here.

Are we talking 250MB (Bytes) disk space ot 'throughput' - Mbs (bits)

Using the 1mbs, this works out at 33m 20s of full service usage. What are you going to do for the other 23½ hours?

Please can you clarify this?

I think we are talking about sveral things here .. The PlusNet provided web-space (www.username.plus.com).. has a 250Mb daily transfer limit, This is taken on average over a month period..

The 1Mb ADSL home service has unlimited transfer accross your ADSL line, so there are no limits on what you can upload/download with your ADSL.

Tam
N/A

How much bandwidth?

The 1Mb ADSL home service has unlimited transfer accross your ADSL line

Within reason, I believe.
N/A

How much bandwidth?

Within reason, I believe.

Nope Smiley

At present, they (PlusNet) don't monitor anyone for bandwidth use ..

Naturally there will come a day, when there will be some sort of limits... but not at present and until other providers start introducing them i doubt PlusNet will..

Tam