cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Webs

N/A

How many Webs

Can I have 2 websites "username.plus.com" and "anothername.plus.com" if yes, how do I do it. I am on dsl monthly
Regards
Eddie
You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your friends nose!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

How many Webs

Yes if you register a new domain name. You can do this through plusnet but they are expensive and most people register a domain name elsewhere (like 123reg) and just host their website on PlusNet.

See the following help pages:

http://www.plus.net/support//webspace/domain_names.shtml
N/A

How many Webs

You can't have 2 .plus.com then?

I'm not a snob and the .co, .co.uk etc is not important to me.
regards
Eddie
N/A

How many Webs

No. You only get the one provided with your account.
glyndev
Grafter

How many Webs

I beg to differ with Philip in one respect.

As Philip said you cant have a second .plus.com account name associated with your ADSL account.

BUT you can sign up for a FREE account which would give you a second .plus.com account which would give you 25meg of webspace and 25 meg of data transfer for that account.
N/A

How many Webs

Do you mean just sign up for a pay as you go package?

The reason I am tinking of a second site is that I am working on a site with a bullitin board for a local charity. I just thought I could personalise it by giving them a "charityname".plus.com. It is all some weeks away as I am new to bbs and sql. It's mind boggling.
Regards and thanks
Eddie
Community Veteran

How many Webs

Free (PAYGO) acounts only come with 25MBytes of webspace and no CGI server access so you could not put up a forum anyway. I'm also faily sure you can't point one charityname.plus.com to another plusnet webspace either.

You could register a .co.uk domain name and point it at your webspace though which may be an option.