cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to resolve faults?

N/A

I would just like to know if anyone else has had to wait an unreasonably long time for fault resolution.

Today is the 21st day since I raised a support question, and I have had NO connection in that time.

I left a message for a callback from Customer Services at around 1pm on Friday, was informed that someone would call back within 8 hours, and now some 93 hours later I am still waiting.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this totally unreasonable?
13 REPLIES
N/A

Only 15 days

Well I've only been waiting 15 days.
There seem to be several parts to the problem
1. Plusnet don't have enough staff
2. Their contract with LLU provider Tiscali allows 5 days for problem resolution (BTW who ever thought this was acceptable?)
3. Internal processes are creaking giving all sorts of "admin" problems. In my case Tiscali don't even think I should be connected.
4. Everybody is suffering from the 8Mb BT scandal

But as a customer none of this is my concern, all I see is bad service.
On the plus side there is a dialup backup which is better than nothing.
N/A

A mere 18 days for me so far, and Tiscali are beyond their 5 days.... still no resolution. The 5 days must be a "we'll look in to it within 5 days", it certainly isn't resolution within 5 days....... well not in my case at any rate. Maybe PN can take action against Tiscali for loss of business/reputation.
N/A

I was migrated in May, and had a fault raised from day one of the migration. Having given PN 4 weeks to sort out the initial problems, a second question was raised for sync/disconnection problems that has been outstanding for over two months with no apparent resolution in site.
PN have given me free dial up access though while this fault is ongoing and I assume that they are going to refund me all my monthly payments back to the migration date when or if they fix the fault.
N/A

Well, after starting this thread and putting a particularly scathing comment on the support ticket, 4 houres later I was informed that the fault should now have been resolved with a board reset - whatever that may be.

Now, this sounds more like it. Except for the fact that the update was timed at 2:14 yesterday afternoon, and I was still unable to connect at all last night.

Perhaps it will all work when I get home today............
N/A

Currently Day 8 for a BT sync fault. BT called my mobile (cos i'm using my land line for 'dial up' to run my business and left a message to call plus' call centre to arrange a time for them to call me. WHY CANT BT LEAVE A CONTACT NUMBER AND REFERENCE. ARRRRHhhhhh!

No I have another 2 hours on the phone to plus support to tell them to get bt to call me again.

this is totally rubbish, if i ran my business this way I'd be out of business by now.
curati
Grafter

Crumbs!

I feel somewhat humbled by my genuine annoyance at having no internet for a whole day. What makes the matter worse is that it doesn't look as though things will be getting better in the next couple of days. I really wish I'd opted out of the upgrade because to be honest I was more than happy with the 2MB service.

Ho hum I guess I'm joining everybody else in the waiting game. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who has had their service reconnected.
curati
Grafter

Crumbs!

I feel somewhat humbled by my genuine annoyance at having no internet for a whole day. What makes the matter worse is that it doesn't look as though things will be getting better in the next couple of days. I really wish I'd opted out of the upgrade because to be honest I was more than happy with the 2MB service.

Ho hum I guess I'm joining everybody else in the waiting game. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who has had their service reconnected.
curati
Grafter

Crumbs!

curati
Grafter

i've half sorted my problem. my modem didn't seem to work with new line.
Slipperymack
Grafter

My current fault ticket was opened 20/5/06 - BTmax'd 1/5/06. It has been pinged between BT and PN on various occasions since -four visits from BT. Hopefully my fault is on the way to resolution - its a download speed problems.

Looking back through my ticket list the problem point to BT not PN - so although I having been giving PN a "flea in their ear" on numerous occasions, it would appear that BT are the main culprits.

Although having said that it would be nice if PN CS answered all the questions in the ticket!!!!!

So your 5, 15 or 20 days wait etc. is a mere foetus compared to mine, and probably others. Bearing in mind that with a lot of problems PN cannot be resolved them without BT's (For Max'd people) involvement.
N/A

Well, touch wood, my problems seem to have been fixed. I have had un-interupted service for the entire day, and after rebooting the modem, my download speeds are back to normal, and somewhat faster than before too. Also I am getting much better latency on World of Warcraft or any of the other games I play than before this problem...

Hope I haven't spoken to soon, but as off right now, it SEEMS to be working just fine.
N/A

Lo and behold, this morning I come back to find my connection has disappeared. Only came back about twenty minutes ago after being off for two hours. Random disconnects ahoy.
curati
Grafter

Well I'm up and running and everything seems to be working and dare I say it the internet seems rapid.

Plus net were a little slow in replying to me, a couple of days to be exact but overall they were quite helpful.

I didn't try phoning customer support I didn't like the sound of some other peoples experience.

I thought I'd post a bit of good news up hear just to give people a bit of optimism.

My main complaint has to be with the information they sent me. The email clearly states (below) that they will contact me when my line is up and running - this is something that they failed to do and so I spent the day thinking that they were still working on the line when infact it was ready but my router was not correctly configured.

"
What happens next?
------------------
We will email you to let you know when the move is complete. There is a small
chance that we will be unable to move your service; if this happens we will not
contact you and your broadband will continue to work in exactly the same way as
it does now."

Lastly if anyone wants to know how my problem was solved I changed my wireless router so that it had a dynamic ip, updated the firmware and also ammended settings to the suggested settings in the email on the modem and updated firmware for the modem.