cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get the broadband up and running

N/A

I have just this minute signed up with Plusnet, I have a migration code, so how long would you think it would take for it to be switched to PlusNet. I had another ISP who's name began with T who gave me a 2 meg connection that never went higher than 177kbps so I stopped the DDM and told them I would not re-instate it until they done something about the speed, I managed to get the MAC key from them and today they cut me off, so I now only have dial up.
Any advice would be great.
K
8 REPLIES
N/A

I,ve just signed up also i,ve been told it's 7-10 days
Community Veteran

relma,

Did you include the migration code when you signed up? If so and you have been cut off by 'T' then you will not be able to migrate as that relies on a working broadband connection to be active at the time of the migration.

You need to raise a ticket and find out what the situation is with your line as you may need to pay a new activation fee (or defer it for 12 months).

To answer your Q... migrations normally take 5 -> 7 days. New activations 7 -> 10 days but this can be longer if a ADSL TAG is still present from a previous supplier.
N/A

no I had no broadband account at my present address as it,s a new build.So it was basically a brand neew broadband setup
Community Veteran

My question was actually to relma, hence the name at the start Wink
N/A

When I migrated a customer with a mac code we signed on thursday and Monday 11 oclock we were connected.

You have to watch your username and password as its goes off and back on without you noticing so you may be connected but need to put in the plusnet username etc.
N/A

I know Peter I realised after i had sent it,i thought it was relma replying to mine.sorry
chrisc
Grafter

@relma,

I can see that you called in yesterday to explain the situation and we are now in the process of placing a manual order as your line has been ceased.

The ticket on your account will be updated with all the details as soon as the the order has been successfully placed.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Hi there relma,

I can see there has been some confusion as to whether your line was actually ceased by your previous supplier or not. I've added my comments onto your ticket and pushed this to the correct department to continue setting up your broadband.
We should be able to let you know how this is going early next week.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team