cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long from IDSN conversion to active adsl?

N/A

simple question, probally not a simple answer
4 REPLIES
keithcalder
Grafter

I had HH taken out before I had adsl activated on my line, took BT 7 days and cost me £28, then from order to plugging in adsl modem took a further 10 days. I do live in the north of scotland so I assume thats why the hardware delivery took so long to come compared to ppl futher south.
N/A

Depends what the context of your questions is...

I had a managed conversion of my HH done last Friday and was using the ADSL connection on Sunday. I actually ordered the conversion 6-8 weeks ago. The delay was caused by wholly legitmate reasons, exchange not live and my needing to move conversion date to fit in with work requirements.

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, with a managed conversion of your HH, the thing either works or else they put your HH back. Ergo, you know straight away if you've got the thing or not. In my case PlusNet were EXTREMELY helpful and just forced my connection live on the Sunday, rather than me having to wait for the automated processes that are kicked off by BT to notify PlusNet that my line was live. i.e. I wonder if could have phoned PlusNet Friday PM and the had line put live?
keithcalder
Grafter

Forgot to mention, they left me with the HH box in the house. If you plug your modem into this box it wont sync up. remember I'm not talking about the lareg HH box but the digital access box it is wired into. I had to remove the front face and plug the modem directly to the line until I got a new linebox fitted. Just incase your left with it, BT dont seem to be bothered about them being left in customers premises.
N/A

Most odd! I have to say, mine was a very neat and tidy conversion. everything worked exactly as I would expect it to.