cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for MAX DSL?

N/A

How long for MAX DSL?

How long does it usually take for an upgrade to max dsl? I put my request in on march and on the 22nd march i was told i would be shortly switched over to max, but my account still says im on fixed 1mb. Ive been reseting my router everyday, should i raise a ticket to support?
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

How long for MAX DSL?

Looks like your upgrade completed but didn't filter through correctly. I'll update your account now, if you reboot your modem/router in around 5 minutes you should be connecting faster.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

How long for MAX DSL?

ok thanks.
My account now says 2500kpbs. Not much of a jump from 1mb but its better.
Will this speed improve overtime if i reset my modem everyday? I did this test on a website once that tested the signal noise on the line to see what the maximum the line could support and it said I could at least get 6mb.
So will I get that kind of speed?
James
Grafter

How long for MAX DSL?

Hi there,

Your modem/router is currently gaining a connection speed of 3360Kbps with the exchange. BT have restricted your line speed to 2500Kbps.

You may be able to increase the connection speed and therefore ultimately restricted speed by ensure that you are connecting to the master socket, preferably using the test socket if possible. Can't make any promises, but it might go up a bit.
N/A

How long for MAX DSL?

Why would BT restrict it if everyone is supposed to be on MAX dsl. Whould a phone call to BT sort the problem? and what is a master socket? sorry im not much of a tech head.
James
Grafter

How long for MAX DSL?

Hi again,

Basically, they have various levels of allowed speed based upon your connection speed. That makes sure that you don't suffer from packet loss which could cause disruption to your internet service.

The master socket is your main BT socket in your house, normally the first one entering your house from the street.
N/A

How long for MAX DSL?

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
I am on the master socket then if thats the case. Looks like I wont be able to get any faster speeds then.
Thanks for your help everyone.
jazz
Grafter

How long for MAX DSL?

Have a look at www.kitz.co.uk for a lot more information on how ADSL and Max works and the IP profile that BT will give for any given steady synch rate