cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for ADSL activation?

N/A

How long for ADSL activation?

I'm so excited, I can't wait for my ADSL to be connected!!

I signed up on Monday 29th April, and I'm just waiting for BT to activate my ADSL line.

I was wondering how long the rest of you had to wait before you were activated??

I'll let you know when I'm connected. Smiley)
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How long for ADSL activation?

Hi,

For our Self Install ADSL Products it normally takes around 7 working days for activation of the line. We will inform you once this is done.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ................................ Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support................................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd ........................... http://www.plus.net
+ ---------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------------
Voodoo
Dabbler

> I'm so excited, I can't wait for my ADSL to be connected!!
>
> I signed up on Monday 29th April, and I'm just waiting for BT to activate my ADSL line.
>
> I was wondering how long the rest of you had to wait before you were activated??
>
> I'll let you know when I'm connected. Smiley)
>

My application went in on the 26th, I rang Tech support for an update and they said It should be done on Tuesday 7th........ Here's hoping then alls I have to do is decide on a router.

Paul
technogogo

I was advised around 5 working days once the order goes to BT though I know it can take longer at times. Lastnight (friday 3rd May) was the sixth working day. I was a little disappointed not to hear before the bank holiday. But I thought I would install my speedtouch drivers. Which I did. Then I thought I would plug it into the USB port and check out the management dialogs and settings. Then I thought... mmmm.. and plugged it into the splitter and then into the phone socket. When I got 2 green lights I was surprised as I thought this meant that the line had been enabled. Sure enough the speed touch diagnistics seemed to indicate a physical connection. So I called plusnet tech support and they agreed to enable my account on the understanding that my subscription would start at that point. First contact with tech support and I was pleased with their helpful and flexible response given the circumstances.
So as of now BT haven't got back to plusnet but I am up and running with ADSL. Lovely.
One final things... I can recommend zone-alert as an excellent (and free!) way to protect a single PC from the bad guys.
Mark
N/A

>
> I was advised around 5 working days once the order goes to BT though I know it can take longer at times. Lastnight (friday 3rd May) was the sixth working day. I was a little disappointed not to hear before the bank holiday. But I thought I would install my speedtouch drivers. Which I did. Then I thought I would plug it into the USB port and check out the management dialogs and settings. Then I thought... mmmm.. and plugged it into the splitter and then into the phone socket. When I got 2 green lights I was surprised as I thought this meant that the line had been enabled. Sure enough the speed touch diagnistics seemed to indicate a physical connection. So I called plusnet tech support and they agreed to enable my account on the understanding that my subscription would start at that point. First contact with tech support and I was pleased with their helpful and flexible response given the circumstances.
> So as of now BT haven't got back to plusnet but I am up and running with ADSL. Lovely.
> One final things... I can recommend zone-alert as an excellent (and free!) way to protect a single PC from the bad guys.
>
> Mark
>
>

Yes, I have found the same thing. I am currently sitting here with my Eicon Diva ADSL USB modem plugged into the splitter and my computer, with both the power and 'connected' LEDs on, but I cannot connect to Plus.net because my account has not yet been activated. This is really annoying me and I'm talking to customer support via the 'ticket' system which is taking about 12 hours for me to get a reply.
I may resort to phoning Plus.net soon to get my account activated, however I dislike talking to companies on the phone, I much prefer e-mail or an interactive chat feature, like AOL's Tech Chat.
It seems to me that there is yet another reason for people to hate BT: activating ADSL lines but not informing the relevant ISP of the work. Sad
N/A

> It seems to me that there is yet another reason for people to hate BT: activating ADSL lines but not informing the relevant ISP of the work. Sad

Good Morning,

It's due to the way BT work and the way they inform us of the activations.

BT will activate your line on a morning or afternoon, the engineer that does it will then contact the "provisioning" department who will check to see that all jobs have been closed off before they say it is active.

BT send us two lists of activations, the first is in the early morning and the second just after noon.

Unfortunately, over the weekend they do not send us these lists therefore we will not know for certain until Tuesday morning.

If you would like to risk it then simply raise a Contact on your account and we will activate your account for you.

Turnaround on contact us problems is now much quicker than it has been of late so it will not take long to get through to us.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

> I'm so excited, I can't wait for my ADSL to be connected!!
>
> I signed up on Monday 29th April, and I'm just waiting for BT to activate my ADSL line.
>
> I was wondering how long the rest of you had to wait before you were activated??
>
> I'll let you know when I'm connected. Smiley)

> Signed up on 15th April and just received my notification that BT have approved my line for ADSL so maybe a few more days yet before they install it.

I told it worth the wait.

Hope so as I not a happy bunny at present with dial up speeds of 38kbps.

N/A

I seem to have my ADSL line activated, but I'm not Plus.net account activated. I don't know how long I have to wait, and I wonder if someone could tell me if I'm being charged for the subscription time I'm waiting? If so, why does plus.net charge my account so early, seems unfair to me..

>
> I was advised around 5 working days once the order goes to BT though I know it can take longer at times. Lastnight (friday 3rd May) was the sixth working day. I was a little disappointed not to hear before the bank holiday. But I thought I would install my speedtouch drivers. Which I did. Then I thought I would plug it into the USB port and check out the management dialogs and settings. Then I thought... mmmm.. and plugged it into the splitter and then into the phone socket. When I got 2 green lights I was surprised as I thought this meant that the line had been enabled. Sure enough the speed touch diagnistics seemed to indicate a physical connection. So I called plusnet tech support and they agreed to enable my account on the understanding that my subscription would start at that point. First contact with tech support and I was pleased with their helpful and flexible response given the circumstances.
> So as of now BT haven't got back to plusnet but I am up and running with ADSL. Lovely.
> One final things... I can recommend zone-alert as an excellent (and free!) way to protect a single PC from the bad guys.
>
> Mark
>
>

N/A

User: simeqn and other users

The sync light on your ADSL device normally comes on at a point along the BT tests. This is not a sign of completion its a sign that BT are doing the work, and they are part way though.

As of yet BT has not released your ADSL as complete. As soon as they do we will contact you.

Kind Regards

Kevin

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support ................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

i was told the line would be activated, on Monday it is Thursday now, i was just wonderin how long it will take?? ad