cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does line checking take?

mrfdes
Grafter

I signed up for Premiere on Saturday, and since then my order status has been stuck on stage 2 (Checking your line).

How long does this take to do?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Usually three or four days. Plusnet quote 7 to 10 days from sign up to connection

Depends on speed of BT ( i.e. when they send an engineer to do the work at the exchange)

I was lucky I was only six days from sign up to connection including delivery of modem

Other causes of delay can be if you are paying by direct debit. Plusnet will have to wait for your bank to set up the DD. Its best to pay the inital payment by card and set up a DD for subsiquent payments to ensure no delays

Smiley
N/A

Day 8 here....
LiamM
Grafter

The line is activated 7 to 10 days after PN submit the order to BT. Line checks generally don't take that long. However, your order will show as Line being checked if you have chosen to pay your initial fee by Direct Debit.

This is because PN submit your DD details to the bank, and then wait for them to be confirmed, before placing the activation order with BT. This step can take upto 1 or even 2 weeks from date of signup, but if you check the Order Tracker, it will say checking your line.