cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get your account activated?

N/A

I received an e-mail on the 22nd of july saying it would take 7-10 days, it is now the 7th of August. Should I be taking any action? I have been checking the ADSL tracker daily :?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Have you checked the tracker? What does it say?

It should have given you a date for your activation by now.

However. Did you attempt to pay for activation by Direct Debit, as well as your monthly fee?

If so, this will be causing the delay. The 7 - 10 (working days) is seperate to setting up the direct debit mandate.

Also, you can check link:contact us, to see if there is any more information on the status, including questions PlusNet may have asked you.
N/A

The adsl tracker has been on the:

"Your order is being submitted to BT for ADSL activation.
The activation process normally takes between 7 and 10 days until your line is activated.

More detailed checks will take place on your line, to confirm it will support a high-speed ADSL connection. If you are supplying your own ADSL modem or router, we recommend you wait until we confirm your line is active.

An engineer will then physically activate your line, and we can then activate your ADSL account. If you already have ADSL connection hardware, it may appear to be working before we confirm your account is active. This is a normal stage in the activation process, but you won't be able to connect to ADSL just yet."

stage, with the flashing arrow since the 22nd.

I checked the "contact us" link in your post and it seems the intial payment went through on the 22nd, but direct debit was set up on the 28th.

I expect this is what is causing the delay.

Thanks for your help, I'll just wait it out
N/A

Two months to "migrate" connection

It has taken me two months to achieve migration from Zen to PlusNet. This was in spite of the fact that bothe had signed up to a "quicker" migration system (beta-testing). Sadly, Zen, with which I had no quarrels on its service, but wanted the much cheaper one provided by PlusNet, proved to be very uncommunicative when asked for information regarding the "magic" number needed to achieve a quick migration. The result was that I paid for a month longer than I would have needed to, and at a good £10 more than I am paying for the PlusNet service.