cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do BT take to activate a line?

N/A

I just ordered an ADSL line yesterday.. and all credit to plus net (this is my 2nd time round with them so im not a plus net virgin) they got through their stages of activation within 6 hours... so my question is.. how long do BT take on their stage atm? (to activate the ADSL on the line)

I know from my last time it was about a week .. but i just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about how long BT were taking at this point in time / this time of year etc... so i know whether the 7 to 10 days suggested are likely to be about right / bettered / or woefully conservative?

Thanks for any info..

regards
9 REPLIES
N/A

At this time, I am finding it is anything from 3 working days to 5.

However, that is accross the select few exchanges I order on. This may weel be very different in your area.
N/A

I think about a week 2 activate
Community Veteran

Each activation can be different and depends on many factors including exchange capacity, availability of the line cards at the exchange, engineer availability to name a few.

You just have to be patient and there is no point contacting PlusNet as they are in exactly the same boat as you waiting for BT to complete their work. As soon as you are activated, BT will inform PlusNet and they will email you.
N/A

For the record, I ordered Monday Lunchtime, it was passed to BT Monday @ 22:30, BT replied with a 10th install date, and the connection was up by 01:30 this morning - order to connection - 60 hours!!!!
N/A

hehe well i started this topic after ordering saturday and its now thursday.. so im well through the 60 hour mark Smiley
N/A

Not quite.

Although activations do place place at the weekend, the scale for which the delivery time is obtained is on a working week scale.

So even if you order at the weekend, you should only calculate based on working days.
N/A

Hello all! Smiley

We ordered yesterday at around 12pm - USB starter pack on ADSL Home Surf, by 2pm we had gone through all the stages and we are now at the BT part of the ADSL tracker - so based on 4-5 working days i'll check back again on friday to see whats going on!

Still can't connect until i get my modem - i had to say to the wife +Net i find the £11 P and P charge funny - i pass your office on the tram everyday and i coud have picked it up - lol although it probbly comes from somewhere else.

Cheers

Pete
Community Veteran

PlusNet use another company to ship the kit so even though you pass the office, that is not where it comes from.
N/A

lol! fair enough that's what i thought.