cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take for you to get ADSL?

N/A

How long did it take for you to get ADSL?

How long did it take from the time you signed up to the time you were using ADSL? I have just signed up and just wanted to know how long I would need to wait. Thanks.
15 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How long did it take for you to get ADSL?

Join the BT queSmiley

It all depends on how fast BT move there backsides, average id say for connection is about 2 weeks, Id even said 2-3 weeks with a hassel free connection.

If u get problems proberly 4 weeks+

I signed up on Monday am currently on the BT are gonna activate your line bit so the waiting continues.
N/A

> How long did it take from the time you signed up to the time you were using ADSL? I have just signed up and just wanted to know how long I would need to wait. Thanks.

I signed up on a Friday. On the following Tuesday Plusnet took my money and said BT would take 7-10 days to activate the line. Eight days later I was informed by Plusnet that ADSL was active. I ordered hardware which arrived the following day.
Therefore from initial order to a live ADSL connection was under two weeks. Smiley
N/A

> I signed up for plusnet adsl service 28-08-2002 hope i get my conection in thje next few days as they promise

keep up the good work and give BT and shouting at,plusnet i wish bt would tell you whats happening
or something to help you tell us what is happening
i have sent emails to bt to ask them if they have enabled my adsl first this is the email they sent me

Dear Sir

Thank you for your e-mail.

The Morton exchange is registered but not enabled. You can register your
interest on www.bt.com/broadband.

With kind regards
Catherine Knight

this is my origanal message MORTON were the fecks MORTON i live in marton with a a
------------------------
can you tell me if you have enabled my asdl on the marton exchange

N/A

> From the 16th August until ?? (5th Sept) and
still waiting. (the money for the USB modem was taken on the 16th Aug so I'm calling this Day 1).

Oh, and interestingly - the "Real Time Inbound Calls Handling" statistics (!!) are actually MANUALLY updated. Unfortunately, at times when everyone is busy, no one appears to update the system. So when it says there are x calls in the queue, this is NOT true. example 3rd Sept at 17:51 and 18:04 - calls in the queue = 2 and 1 respectively with a few minute waiting time - Good time to phone for tech support eh? - not so, there was a > 20 minute wait.
N/A

ok all well and good...
BUT WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TIME TAKEN TO ORDER ADSL!?!?

Date Ordered 23rd June 2002
Activated : 4th July 2002

Soo thats 1 week, 5 days.
Not bad

> > From the 16th August until ?? (5th Sept) and
> still waiting. (the money for the USB modem was taken on the 16th Aug so I'm calling this Day 1).
>
> Oh, and interestingly - the "Real Time Inbound Calls Handling" statistics (!!) are actually MANUALLY updated. Unfortunately, at times when everyone is busy, no one appears to update the system. So when it says there are x calls in the queue, this is NOT true. example 3rd Sept at 17:51 and 18:04 - calls in the queue = 2 and 1 respectively with a few minute waiting time - Good time to phone for tech support eh? - not so, there was a > 20 minute wait.

N/A

Well good news so far for me. I signed up yesterday and all my tests for ADSL compatibilty has been successful, just waiting now for BT to enable it. I believe this is where all the time will go waiting for them to enable it. I dont mind how long, but they better stick to their 7-10 day guarantee, or I'll become impatient, and impatient leads to fustration, which leads to anger, which leads to complete chaos! Arghhhhhhhhh!!! Beware of my Wrath BT!
N/A

lol, for me it took about 7 days m8, all depends on how near to the exchange u are i guess. i was just within range...might explain why my download rates are so slow :|
N/A

> How long did it take from the time you signed up to the time you were using ADSL? I have just signed up and just wanted to know how long I would need to wait. Thanks.

11 days in total from order to delivery of the modem, 12 days to get it up & running coz I am a lame brain & needed step by step instructions from support!
N/A

> lol, for me it took about 7 days m8, all depends on how near to the exchange u are i guess. i was just within range...might explain why my download rates are so slow :|

Is there a way to find out if im within range or to short?

I heard there was some line length test but no idea how to do it....

N/A

I switched over from PlusNet dialup to ADSL in about 5 days. thats from the day i told them to upgrade my account to the day they phoned me to say it way live.

Quite fast. i already had bought my own modem, PlusNet didn't supply modems when i ordered back in April. glad thou, the modems they supply i wouldn't have been happy with.
I prefer to choose your own equipment that way when you open up your parcel you won't scream @ having a cheap USB modem Smiley

--
Jason
=====
N/A

> I prefer to choose your own equipment that way when you open up your parcel you won't scream @ having a cheap USB modem Smiley

yeah I know what you mean (: I was going to go with www.vcisp.net and buy my own kit (in fact I actually got as far as ordering my own kit), but then I checked out plusnet (i used to have a dial-up account a while back) and it's not only cheaper, but the router they provide seems to have some very useful features (like traffic shaping and others). I REALLY didn't want a USB solution.
N/A

I ordered it on tuesday this week. it's now friday and i'm in the 2nd of the 7-10 day BT period.
N/A

I ordered the broadband from PlusNet on 19th July I was 'connected' on 23rd (couldn't use it because it wasn't activated as Plusnet was awaiting confirmation from BT), and I was activated on 29th July.
N/A

I ordered it on tuesday this week. it's now friday and i'm in the 2nd of the 7-10 day BT period.