cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take for you to be activated?

mrfdes
Grafter

With me, I ordered on a friday, checked the order tracker every day, and plugged my router in so I could see if it had signal....

I then got broadband on wednesday night ^_^ (I did have to call plusnet to get them to activate my account, but they were helpful)
6 REPLIES
N/A

I had to call them to activate my account as well.

What is that all about?

I had my username and password and went crazy for a while thinking I was doing something wrong. I reconfigured the router. again. again. Finally I phoned CS and they said they hadn't activated the account. Aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pricks idiots.
LiamM
Grafter

Your account is setup at Plusnet's end but is not activated until BT inform them that the work has complete. This is because once activated, your billing cycle starts.

Your service can be activated before BT inform Plusnet that the work is complete by simply ringing the CSC, but this means that until BT inform PN of the work being complete, they cannot raise a fault on your line. Your billing process will start from the day they activate the account.
N/A

Took 2 weeks for me, after a week I asked what was taking so long and I was told that my order had been forgotten about
N/A

took about 2 days
N/A

My order was submitted on during the middle of August and I’m still waiting to be activated. Apparently, BT are experiencing some kind of "system problem" which is causing the delay. As you can imagine as a customer who expected the service to be up and running towards the end of August, this delay is very frustrating.

Furthermore, the lack of customer service from PlusNet is very irritating. Questions I post on my outstanding ticket remain unanswered and then at some point an automated process called “Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers“ posts a standard message on my ticket (see below)

Open : We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ 17647729 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

For the last 6 weeks PlusNet do give my an update on a weekly basis where they appear to be optimistic regarding my installation and suggest I should wait another 2-3 days for BT to enable my line. As you can imagine, this is wearing a little thin how and I have stopped calling PlusNet. I’ve decided to sit tight and wait for the 1’s and 0’s to flow.

Oh, on the plus side, PN have promised me one-month free usage for my troubles. Of course, this is providing BT can overcome their system problems….
N/A

Question: How do you know that it's time to call PlusNet and ask them to activate your account?

The reason I ask is I previously had a company paid for BT ADSL account which ended last week. My ADSL router still has green 'data' and 'line' lights (haven't checked other info via its admin page yet) - but I cannot actually ping any web adresses.

I set up a PlusNet account a couple of days back, do you think in view of the above I should get my account activated?

Thanks,
James