cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did BT take to activate your ADSL?

N/A

How long did BT take to activate your ADSL?

I have paid for my ADSL upgrade on 24th January but have heard nothing since. How long did you have to wait for your line to be activated?
4 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: How long did BT take to activate your ADSL?

> I have paid for my ADSL upgrade on 24th January but have heard nothing since. How long did you have to wait for your line to be activated?

Hi Brian,

Having investigated this for you I have identified the reason for the delay. Unfortuantly this is not good news, as the order was stuck in a cancelled status with BT.

BT have confirmed this morning that your line failed testing due to a noise level of 66.5dbs. The maximum allowable to provide ADSL is 55db. Given the margin here it is unlikely that anything can be done to your current line to allow it to have DSL. That said, it may be worth you talking to BT to see if anything can be done.

I have raised a Contact Us Ticket to our DSL provisioning team to complete the processing of this order. They will be in touch with you on Monday to confirm these details and arrange for any required refunds to be made.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

I paid for my upgrade on the 22nd January. BT "lost" my request and said I would be activated on the 12th February. As yet nothing. Plus.net say to wait another 48 hours. No doubt then another 48 hours. Response from Plus.net is quick and efficient though.
N/A

> I have paid for my ADSL upgrade on 24th January but have heard nothing since. How long did you have to wait for your line to be activated?

Applied on 10th Jan, BT activated line on 15th Jan (3 working days), Hardware arrived on 21st Jan. whole process was just over a week.

My only concern at the time was that PlusNet took my money as BT activated the line and BEFORE they had despatched my starter pack, so in effect I have paid for nearly a week of service I was unable to use. [PlusNet you need to look at this part of your set up process for new users ordering starter packs.]

Mike
fonejacker
Grafter

> My only concern at the time was that PlusNet took my money as BT activated the line and BEFORE they had despatched my starter pack, so in effect I have paid for nearly a week of service I was unable to use. [PlusNet you need to look at this part of your set up process for new users ordering starter packs.]

Hi Mike,

We have looked at this lots! The current system is the only one that is viable at the moment;

BT charge us for your activation fee as soon as we order the line (5 Days before activation).

BT charge us your first months rental as soon as they activate your line.

There are plenty of cases where BT accept an order, but then say they cannot provide DSL. This means we cannot feasibly send out hardware UNTIL BT confirm the line is tested and working.

We closely monitor the number of failed ADSL activations after BT accpe the order. When this figure reaches a managable number (Say 98% successfull) we can start to send the hardware out in advance of BT confirming activation.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support