cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before ADSL in enabled on my line?

N/A

I signed up with PlusNet during the middle of last month. On the 23rd August, PlusNet sent me a link to the "order tracker" where I can check the progress on my set-up. Ever since, the status has remained at “Activating Your Line”. The narrative suggests that this stage should take between 7 – 10 days. A month has nearly passed so I’m becoming increasingly eager to get connected. I sent an email yesterday to PlusNet enquiring about my connection but as yet I have received no response. Is there any other way I can find out the progress of this installation?

Thanks in advance.
30 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

There is no definate answer. BT are *supposed* to have lines enabled from 10 days of order, but it is entirely up to them.

I know cases where it has taken a few weeks, but then I just put through an order last friday that was enabled on tuesday evening.
N/A

I'm still waiting for mine and i ordered on the 28th August. BT were supposed to do their bit 2 days ago. I have raised a ticket, just waiting for a response now.
N/A

1Mb not 2Mb - Thanks BT!

Finally found out why my connection is taking so long to complete. Apparently my line is only capable of supporting 1Mb connection whereas PlusNet ordered a 2Mb connection for me. BT therefore cancelled the order, as this is not possible. Don’t know if this information was conveyed to PlusNet but I certainly did not know where the hold up was. PlusNet have now re-ordered a 1Mb connection for my line. Again, I have to wait a further 7-10 days to be connected.
N/A

How did you find that out?
Community Veteran

The only way is to ask - i.e. why is my order taking so long... answer because it was cancelled.

There have been other cases where PN have either not been informed by BT properly or PN have missed the order cancellation and not contacted the customer.
N/A

I asked, i got "Exchange equipment problems".

Still waiting... Sad
N/A

I contacted PN on their support number (0845 1400200). The recorded message suggested that long waiting times may be experienced or something like that. But to my amazement, the line was answered within a minute. The chap whom I spoke to was very helpful indeed. He found my order and tracked it back to BT then presented me with the option of having a 1Mb connection instead of the 2Mb as my line only supports 1Mb as present. Just a shame this information was not conveyed to me sooner and I would probably still be waiting now if I hadn’t called PN support. I’ll remain patient for another 10 days before making the call to PN support to enquire about my 1Mb connection!

Good luck with you connection delta0
N/A

I wish it didn't take BT soo long to enable the broadband =( In this day and age a week seems like ages...
N/A

My ADSL connection is still not enabled despite waiting a further 10 days. PN have not replied to any of my support emails. I'm becoming increasingly concerned that PN support lets down it's customers due to simply the lack of communication.
N/A

Almost 3 weeks now and still not connected. PN contacted BT :

LINE QUALITY SURVEY to be performed unfortunatley there is no resolve date for this but we will rechase on the 26/9/05

BT seem to be the biggest problem with getting connected. =(
N/A

Cry Cry Cry Still waiting...... Cry Cry Cry
N/A

Well at least PN had the decency to update me with progress this time. After 6 weeks of waiting, i'm... and I quote "case now moving and in final stages of activation". Here's hoping that I will be enabled in the next 2 days. Watch this space!!

MESSAGE FROM PN:

Username mosslabs

Dear Mr Moss,
contacted BT Wholesale who advised that delay due to BT system problems. Advised that case now
moving and in final stages of activation, should be fully completed in next 48 hrs.

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Friday 30th September at 9:00am. This ticket
will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is
provided below:

Regards,

Robert Knight

The ticket number is [ 17647729 ], which you should quote in any correspondence with us.
N/A

Sounds promising Moss. As for me...they

contacted BT Wholesale who advised that still awaiting update in regards to line quality survey. BT unable to give a definite resolution date at the present time.

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Tuesday 4th October at 9:00am

That means a full month. Everytime I see a BT van in the area I get hopeful.
N/A

Guess what drakken?

Yes you have guessed it. Despite waiting a further 2 days, I'm still not enabled!!
Perhaps I should have gone with BT at least then it's a simple process of dealing with one customer. The lack of communitation between BT / PN / ME is killing me.

Can we seek compensation for delays?

Good luck with your connection