cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How exactly is this happening?

N/A

I moved my broadband a year and a half ago to my current address, it then costs 5.60 or something along those lines, nohing extortionate.

I am moving house soon and looked to see how much it would cost. I was shocked to see it now costs 52.88. in a year and a half that is an almost ten times increase in price.

Absolutely crazy, i've always been happy with plus.net until now...

This is rubbish, it would costs less to cancel and start again...
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

The wholesale cost of providing ADSL on a line is £47, therefore last time you moved I assume you decided to simply pay the admin fee up front and defer the remaining amount payable upon cancellation? If this is the case then you would need to pay the full amount this time to move as we can only defer payments for a house move once.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

BT charge PlusNet to provision broadband on a telephone line for the first time, and this cost has to be recovered somehow.

If you left PlusNet and signed up with another provider then you'd still be charged for this provision by that provider, sadly the only way to avoid this is not to move house- or to move to a property where the line has already been provisioned- and I'm not even sure that the fee is waived if the house has already been provisioned.
Alphakk1
Grafter

Plusnet is Bt now so its weird cost less before and more now it should be the other way around.
James
Grafter

PlusNet are owned by BT Retail.

BT Wholesale provide the ADSL service. Ie: Two different companies.