cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do they do it..?

N/A

How do they do it..?

While being laudable that +net are striving to improve matters, it seems that that the cure is worse than the ailment.. at least we could connect..
Also why do they start at a time which doesn't give much room for error, why not start at midnight, giving a good 7 hours of work time. (My apologies to the red-eyed surfers of the wee hours!)
..Also what happened to roll-back, contingency plans and redundancy - surely one of the features of the internet is that it should cope with failure!

A generally satisfied customer.. but not the last two mornings.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How do they do it..?

I agree it is frustrating when the connection goes down. But having moved to Plus Net from Tiscali, they are much much better. They reply to support problems and if there is something wrong, you can always find information. They have kept the service status page up to date.

I've lost count of the times I use to call Tiscali when something broke, only to get a message that all aspects were running normally, and no problems had been reported. Then I'd go to the forum and see other users with the same problem, and Tiscali would just keep telling user to check settings etc.

Hopefully, once the changes have been made to the network, we will all see better connectivity (though I've had very little problems with my connection).
beskar
Grafter

I agree - the frustration of having an ISP like Pipex continually ignore reasonable requests for information has to be experienced to be believed. PlusNet is far from perfect but they do have some very good individuals who obviously have their heart in the right place. They also have at least one person on their management team who seems to have more than one brain cell - as shown by the 'View our Support Team' and on-line support statistics.

Having said that, what does worry me is the apparent lack of redundancy at vital points of their system. They'll be telling us they didn't think a UPS was cost-justifiable next... :O)
N/A

..back on the road again!
I agree.. +net do communicate and I've no gripes there, nor with general service and value for money! (I've five +net accounts about the place)
Lets hope some salutary lessons have been learnt!

Cheers.