cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i stop the PCI ADSL icons appearing on my desktop?

N/A

How do i stop the PCI ADSL icons appearing on my desktop?

Hello

I have two questions for you to ponder: here is some background info first.

If I have to switch off or reboot or log-off/on my Windows XP box which contains amongst other things a Connexant AccessRunner ADSL PCI card as per my starter pack from plusnet, I get 4 Connexant items appear when I get back up to my desktop:

- an icon appears on my desktop which is the connexant "Accessrunner Control Panel"

- another one which stops the ADSL connection, called "AccessRunner DSL".

- I also get a program group in my start menu and finally

- an icon in my task bar.

I can delete all of them and I don't need any of them. But when i reboot etc. they all come back.

1) How do I stop this from happening please? If I need to change any setup values I can do so by going into my OS Control panel.

2) The AccessRunner control panel can show extra settings and this is advised in the documentation. (It's ALT+A). However, when you press Alt+E, what is the purpose of the access code box which pops up?

Cheers

RMC
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How do i stop the PCI ADSL icons appearing on my desktop

Further to my question 2 - here are the hidden menus I have identified. Anyone know where I can get a proper manual to download for the PCI modem?

ALT+A = 6 tabs:
General/ATM link stats/AAL link stats
Autolog/Connection/Protocol setup

ALT+E = access code popup box

ALT+P = 10 tabs:
General/ATM link stats/AAL link stats/HAL diagnostics/Autolog
pHY layer stats/ Connection/line setup/Protocol setup/ATM OAM loopback

ALT+C = 3 tabs:
General/Line setup/Protocol setup

Cheers

RMC
N/A

Edit windows start up.

Download System Mechanic from www.iolo.com for free 30 day trial, it will do it for you easily.
tweek up your puter and clean all the hidden waste from your hdd and registry. great tool for XP users and older Windows.

I liked it so much i bought it just over a year ago.. (a key) new update for it each available every month.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Cheers jason, I'll have a look at it. In the meantime I used MSCONFIG, as pointed out to me by MindBomb on a Plusnet NG just now.

Now all I need to do is ID what the hidden menus are for!

Cheers

RMC
N/A

I had this problem, its simple to stop, msconfig take it out of startup Smiley

Bloody annoying those folders/icons !