cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do MAC codes work?

N/A

How do MAC codes work?

I’ve just about had enough of poor and inconsistent speeds. I managed 500mb download speed just now but I’ve only been seeing about 120k on average for weeks now did see a flicker at 2.5mb last week one morning but it was short lived. I don’t do any p2p and my typical monthly down load is less than 1GB

I want to change to Zen does anyone know in practice how changing ISPs works?

I know I ask PN for a MAC code, then what happens? How long am I likely to be without a link? Do I loose my link as soon as I get the MAC code or is there a smooth handover?

Cheers
5 REPLIES
N/A

How do MAC codes work?

This link may assist you.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51523&highlight=

On the day of transfer you might be without broadband for up to 30min while it is switched over but generally the switch to another ISP goes very smoothly and without any noticeable interruption.
N/A

How do MAC codes work?

Many thanks - perfect.
N/A

How do MAC codes work?

Zen strike me as a bit high priced (but very good service).

Have you looked at names.co.uk or newnet.co.uk?
N/A

How do MAC codes work?

Thanks you for your advice. I did realise that Zen is a little more expensive than PlusNet and there are other ISPs even less expensive than PN. Zen will cost me about £3 a month more than PN and that is a small price to pay for a drop in blood pressure and a general improvement to my health! I also have a colleague who uses Zen on the same exchange as myself and he speaks highly of them and gets very good performance.
Incidentally I use a PlusNet link for my company's dirty visitors link (we have a 4mb fibre leased line for our main connection) and it's worked faultlessly since I put it in. So I am not anti PN, just need to find a better service for home.
shellsong
Grafter

How do MAC codes work?

People I've come across on the Be Forums who've migrated from Zen seem to reckon they used to be good but have been going downhill recently and were also problematical to migrate from!

Others have had good experiences with Entanet resellers like Aquiss although I don't know how long that will last since they're BT based products