cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stealth a SparkCom Router (AR41/2C)

oridyne
Dabbler

Hi,

I have a Sparkcom Ar41/2C Router and I am a bit of a newbie with all this stuff. When I check my PC on the Shields Up! site it reports that I have ports 23 & 80 open. The others are shown as closed and a couple are even stealthed!.

I did have an ftp port open but I managed to find the config to disable ftp on the router but I have not been able to figure out how to shut down the other 2.

If anyone has any experience with this router and can help me set it up I would appreciate it. I use Zonealarm on my PC so I am not worried about intrusions I just want to hide the router.

Thanks in advance

:?
5 REPLIES
N/A

I would suspect the ports that are shown as open are for admin off the web. If this is the case anyone can logon to your router and configure it. Normaly there is a setting to stop web admin on the wan.

It seems a strange router as normaly you can get loads of info on any router but a google search for this one gives only one hit.
Community Veteran

It may be an OEM branded device. If This is it then the manual can be found here.

We had another member post about this device recently.

[append]
Hmm.. It appears the link to the manual does not work
[/append]
oridyne
Dabbler

I would suspect the ports that are shown as open are for admin off the web. If this is the case anyone can logon to your router and configure it. Normaly there is a setting to stop web admin on the wan.

It seems a strange router as normaly you can get loads of info on any router but a google search for this one gives only one hit.

I took a look at my receipt and although the Box has SparkCom on in the receipt says its a sparkle. Go figure!

Thanks for the reply, I had set something on one of the config pages to Restricted LAN but this, as I said, does not seem to mask the router ports. Unless I am missing something on this? I have copied the the section of the config page below. (there is information in the Specify IP and Subnet Mask fields but I left those out just in case Cheesy )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP server access
[ ] All
Restricted
LAN
[ ] WAN Specify IP :
Subnet Mask :
HTTP server port : 80
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks petervaughan those links were useful, it looks like the same kit just another branded version.
kissack
Grafter

If it's the same as my AR41, under the 'advance > user porfile' setting, you close these ports with:
Authorization requirement for management
Disable

Remote Management
ICMP Disable
Telnet Disable
Web Disable Port 80
oridyne
Dabbler

If it's the same as my AR41, under the 'advance > user porfile' setting, you close these ports with:
Authorization requirement for management
Disable

Remote Management
ICMP Disable
Telnet Disable
Web Disable Port 80

Thanks for the reply, I don't think i have that on my AR41 or I can't find that page. petervaughn posted a link to a manual which is close to the one I have for my router. It shows what configuration options I have, not that I understand most of them Shockedops:
I have posted the link below.

http://www.aceex.com.tw/test1/product/ar412c.htm