cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set my hardware up?

N/A

How do I set my hardware up?

Yup, if you've read my other posts them you'll know I was not vwery chuffed at having to wait for my hardware.

but it arrived this afternoon & I'm noe trying to work out how I aught to get the thing working!.

Now I written all the details down at the time of my original signup that I was given.

however there was nothing that I can recall tyhat makes mention on just how i'm expected to get things working.

Now the instructions that came with the modem only really explains how to get the modem installed & working.

My problem seems to be that I have no details on how to set the dialup settings. That being the dialup no & settings that auto set the dialup as you would get from a standard dialup etc.

Can I therefore be given a little help on just what I should be doing to use the service?.

Tom Jones

5 REPLIES
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

RE: How do I set my hardware up?

Best thing is to post which modem/router you have.

You've also a better chance of getting a reply if you post in the Plusnet forum rather than in here.

You could also try ADSLguide.org too.
N/A

> Best thing is to post which modem/router you have.
>
> You've also a better chance of getting a reply if you post in the Plusnet forum rather than in here.
>
> You could also try ADSLguide.org too.

Have you got a modem as opposed to a router. if so, have you set up the number to dial, I think its 0,38 for adsl modems.

Bill
N/A

> Best thing is to post which modem/router you have.
>
> You've also a better chance of getting a reply if you post in the Plusnet forum rather than in here.
>
> You could also try ADSLguide.org too.

Have you got a modem as opposed to a router. if so, have you set up the number to dial, I think its 0,38 for adsl modems.

Bill
Brickinit
Grafter

> Yup, if you've read my other posts them you'll know I was not vwery chuffed at having to wait for my hardware.
>
> but it arrived this afternoon & I'm noe trying to work out how I aught to get the thing working!.
>
> Now I written all the details down at the time of my original signup that I was given.
>
> however there was nothing that I can recall tyhat makes mention on just how i'm expected to get things working.
>
> Now the instructions that came with the modem only really explains how to get the modem installed & working.
>
> My problem seems to be that I have no details on how to set the dialup settings. That being the dialup no & settings that auto set the dialup as you would get from a standard dialup etc.
>
> Can I therefore be given a little help on just what I should be doing to use the service?.
>
> Tom Jones
>
all the info you need is in the customer support,click on it and then choose ADSL Starter Pack setup Guides

malc
Roll eyes

N/A

I had the same problem. Go to My Connection in Portal.plus.net...Connection Details. This will give you your login name..something@plus.dsl.net
Enter this in your Wip Tech dial up, add your password.

Unless you haven,t got this far
good luck

Peter C

> Yup, if you've read my other posts them you'll know I was not vwery chuffed at having to wait for my hardware.
>
> but it arrived this afternoon & I'm noe trying to work out how I aught to get the thing working!.
>
> Now I written all the details down at the time of my original signup that I was given.
>
> however there was nothing that I can recall tyhat makes mention on just how i'm expected to get things working.
>
> Now the instructions that came with the modem only really explains how to get the modem installed & working.
>
> My problem seems to be that I have no details on how to set the dialup settings. That being the dialup no & settings that auto set the dialup as you would get from a standard dialup etc.
>
> Can I therefore be given a little help on just what I should be doing to use the service?.
>
> Tom Jones
>
>