cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I revert back to Dynamic IP

iPaqowner
Grafter

While viewing my connection settings on the portal I accidently clicked on "Static IP" and it then stated I now had a Static IP.
I use a Netgear DG824M router which is left on 24hrs and until I get clued up on the various security aspects of IP's etc If I wanted to revert to Dynamic how would I do that?
Thanks,
John.
4 REPLIES
N/A

In short, you can't.

Get a good firewall like, Norton Firewall.
N/A

In shorter, it never was dynamic.

The PlusNet ADSL platform runs on static IPs only. That panel shows only your current static IP.

Any changes you make on your account, you have to click a confirmation message. Clicking on things, then having them automaticaly activate would be wrong.
iPaqowner
Grafter

In shorter, it never was dynamic.

The PlusNet ADSL platform runs on static IPs only. That panel shows only your current static IP.

So what your'e saying is that that has always been my IP and the only reason I now know it........ is that by by clicking the "Static IP" icon it shows it?

Any changes you make on your account, you have to click a confirmation message. Clicking on things, then having them automaticaly activate would be wrong.

I thought if I clicked it again it would revert back to Dynamic.
Anyway thanks for that.

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Cleaned up your quote tags. Made little sence]
Community Veteran

Yes this is correct. All ADSL accounts have a static IP by default and dynamic is not currently possible.

Chris