cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know when BT have done their bit?

N/A

How do I know when BT have done their bit?

I've read in the messages below that people are made aware when their line has been broadband enabled. I ordered mine on Thursday - how will I know when BT have done their bit?
--
Martin
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How do I know when BT have done their bit?

> I've read in the messages below that people are made aware when their line has been broadband enabled. I ordered mine on Thursday - how will I know when BT have done their bit?
>
> --
> Martin

From reading the discussion boards I'm led to belive the ADSL tracker doesn't work all the time.

See my earlier post 'ADSL activation in my hands'

I called BT customer support and they told me it was enabled.
catshill
Grafter

This happened to me.
A friend who works for BT on ADSL looked at my logs and told me that it was ready.

Second, the WAN light on my router fired up and the config screen showed that the connection was live.

I then phone PlusNet support number (they couldn't find anything in the BT database to say that the line was active!) who activated the account.

N/A

Hello everyone,

Usually, once BT let us know that they've "done their bit", we set the status of your account to active and send you an email containing all the settings you need to know. (We'll send a copy of this to postmaster@username.plus.com and to another address if you've told us one you want to use).

If you call up before this, we'd usually see whether BT had activated the line according to "eco" which is the BT database we use. If this showed the line as active, we'd usually activate the account then and there.

If eco doesn't show the line as having been activated, we can still enable the account if the customer wants us to, but we'll need that request via a Contact Us ticket. However, if there's a problem requiring a fault report to BT, we can't raise it until they've told us the line is active.

Best Wishes,

Matt.

--
| Matt Saunders...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------+
Community Veteran

> I've read in the messages below that people are made aware when their line has been broadband enabled. I ordered mine on Thursday - how will I know when BT have done their bit?
>
> --
> Martin

Go to this page: http://www.bt.com/customerservices/cust_ordertrack.jsp? - once you've registered with BT.com, it will actually tell you when BT have activated your line, so you can inform PlusNet accordingly, if their ADSL tracker doesn't work.

Thomas
--
~Know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
N/A

> Go to this page: http://www.bt.com/customerservices/cust_ordertrack.jsp? - once you've registered with BT.com, it will actually tell you when BT have activated your line, so you can inform PlusNet accordingly, if their ADSL tracker doesn't work.

Does that mean that if there is no order on the system (as BT have been telling me) then there can be no ADSL activation?
Community Veteran

> > Go to this page: http://www.bt.com/customerservices/cust_ordertrack.jsp? - once you've registered with BT.com, it will actually tell you when BT have activated your line, so you can inform PlusNet accordingly, if their ADSL tracker doesn't work.
>
> Does that mean that if there is no order on the system (as BT have been telling me) then there can be no ADSL activation?

Did you enter your BT account number when you registered?

Thomas
--
~Know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
N/A

> > Does that mean that if there is no order on the system (as BT have been telling me) then there can be no ADSL activation?
>
> Did you enter your BT account number when you registered?
>
> Thomas
>
Well, it was ages ago (3 months and still no activation!) but I _think_ I /had/ to in order to get it thru the PlusNet system.

Is that right?

Certainly PlusNet have been saying they have all the info they need, and as far as they're concerned it's working, even though the BT exchange say it isn't, and hasn't ever been ordered.

Had enough 8-(