cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out the MAC address for my ADSL connection?

N/A

Hi,

Someone asked me the MAC code for my ADSL account. I thought they were asking me for the MAC address of my router but they say that MAC code you obtain from your ISP. What are they talking about?

Regards,
joginder
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you intending to migrate to another ISP? If so they require a MAC - Migration Authorisation Code - to perform this action.

You request your MAC via the contact us ticket system (click help at the top of the page) and in doing so you start your 30 day notice period. PlusNet will then issue you with a MAC within 5 days which you then give to the ISP you intend to migrate to. They then do the rest to get you migrated.

You are still liable for any contractural payments like the remaining months on a 12 month contract, deferred hardware/activation costs etc before you can migrate.
N/A

I work for Fujitsu and they are asking me to switch to ADSL service that Fujitsu supplies to their employees.

Questions:

1. What will be my outstanding payments assuming that I have been using PlusNet since 2002?

Regards,
joginder
Community Veteran

No idea as it depends on your product, contract type, length of sevice, whether you have changed products recently, whether you paid for activation/hardware or not and several other things. I suggest you raise a contact us ticket and ask.