cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you tell if you have been LLU'd?

N/A

My ADSL simply ceased working at about 1am monday 7th August. I get a sucessful sync of between 7and 8Mbit d/l and 480Kbps up but no PPPoA connection. Minutes prior to this it was a standard 2Mbit service and working just fine. I had not applied for any re-grade.

I raised a ticket and got a 1 line answer
I've now raised your fault to our suppliers - please allow up to 5 days for the next update.

However under the support chaps signature was the line:
No authentication on any ID since LLU migration.

Now I checked this page which seems to suggest no LLU exists at my exchange yet but that seems to contradict the line in the ticket response.

I'm reading all about the problems caused by both the maxdsl and the LLU process and wondering which actually applies to me at this time. I dont know where I stand at the moment if I wish to get a MAC and change supplier if this issue drags on. Simply, have I been LLU'd without warning or is it the maxdsl shift causing my problem? How can one tell?
18 REPLIES
N/A

I don't know either .. but I have the same issue

I went to bed Sunday having been on the Internet till 10 or so .. woke up Monday and haven't been able to get anything other than ADSL sync since then. PlusNet support are giving me the run-around (please check connectivity to the test service, please disable firewall software, run anti-virus check ..*sigh*) but I think I have the same problem as you. I noted in the call I raised to PlusNet that my ADSL line is synced at 7900kbps .. I was not expecting this and I am mightily upset.

Sorry I can't help, but at least we can both beat them up.

Having read about problems with LLU migrations on the fora, I have specifically asked the question of the CSC about whether I have been 'upgraded' .. no reply yet

Come on PlusNet .. please don't make me change ISP.

Nick Sargeant
N/A

Same exchange ??

Wait a second .. I hit your link to Sam Knows .. and you are on the same exchange as I am? I live in Itchen .. must be the Woolston exchange as well. I called BT, but they tell me that they can only do a line test to the home from the exchange .. and that is all ok. They say (and I have told PlusNet CSC this) that PlusNet have to raise the call against BT Wholesale; I can't do it myself even if I 'know' where the problem is.

Is there a routing problem from Woolston exchange that is causing us the problems?

Nick Sargeant
nik@onenineone.plus.com (currently borrowing a neighbour's wireless LAN)
N/A

Interesting, looks like we might have been bulk upgraded/borked on our exchange without warning.

You are probably a little closer to the exchange than me if you are on the Itchen side of the road but I'm getting an SNR margin of 10-12dB and syncing 7.9 - 8Mbit. I made sure I was still set to using PPPoA VC/MUX etc but my router just logs PPP timeouts continuously with no connection.

Rather frustrating...
Alecto
Grafter

Re: How can you tell if you have been LLU'd?

I get a sucessful sync of between 7and 8Mbit d/l and 480Kbps up

Do you mean 448k up??
MaxDSL syncs at 448K up stream, but LLU syncs higher than that.
That's an easy way to tell which system you're on.
N/A

My ADSL connection ..

DSL Status: Up
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
Downstream Rate: 7908 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 635 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 9 db
Upstream Margin: 12 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 29
Upstream Line Attenuation: 11
Downstream Transmit Power: 0
Upstream Transmit Power: 0
N/A

Hi,

I also live in Woolston and have the same problem, so do my parents who again are in Woolston. Does suggest that there is a problem.
N/A

Re: How can you tell if you have been LLU'd?

Do you mean 448k up??
MaxDSL syncs at 448K up stream, but LLU syncs higher than that.
That's an easy way to tell which system you're on.

No, the router is reporting precisely 480000 bps uplink on the sync'd line. This does not bode well.
N/A

Plusnet have escalated the problem to their supplier ..

Just received an update to the problem ticket from PlusNet. The problem has been escalated to the supplier, but no mention of who that might be.

I'll let you know of any further updates, and anyone reading this who has more info, please do the same.

Fingers crossed,

Nick Sargeant
N/A

Re: My ADSL connection ..

DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
Upstream Rate: 635 Kbps

That says Tiscali LLU to me. 9db isn't the best SNR, but you should at least get a connection, if only a slightly unstable one.

MaxDSL gives an upstream of 448kbps or lower, LLU gives higher than this (upto 800kbps I believe). Also, I think Tiscali LLU connections are interleaved by default.
Community Veteran

A sure fire way to tell is to try and do a BT speed test. If you are on IPstream you will be able to do this on LLU you won't/
N/A

Well, I got a little bit more feedback but sadly its just the standard stuff about checking my PPPoA settings and trying the new test account:

Username: testing@dslconnect.co.uk
Password: testing

Still no joy. ADSL sync works fine, if slightly variable in speed this afternoon but PPPoA refuses to establish any connection. I'm rapidly losing patience and considering a cancellation and a new connection to another ISP as that seems to be the only way to get back onto a BT wholesale provided product.
N/A

My original fault report ticket (19999781) raised by me calling the fault report phone service has been closed after 5 days.
This Question is being closed due to it being a duplication of another Question with the same query.

The other question referred to (2000084Cool was generated by the broadband fault checker tool 5 days ago and the last response was from today on the 5th day:
I have now raised this issue for investigation.

We advise that in some instances it can take upto 5 working days for an update, but we will contact you with any further updates on this issue.

Please ensure that your equipment is left plugged into the phone line and powered up for the duration of the fault.

5 days consecutive outage directly from the moment of the LLU move with an unknown fix time and up to 5 days before I get another response... I've decided to close my account altogether and have raised a ticket (20046391) as that seems the only way to do so. Plusnet please action this immediately, I need my line clear as soon as possible.
N/A

Sticking with PlusNet for the time being ..

I am still waiting for an update on my ticket .. days slip by and *nothing* happens, and no communication. For the interested, the ticket number is 20002801.

If anyone with any authority or capability within PlusNet, or the PUG reads this, please help. It's not just me - it seems to be everyone who is on the Woolston exchange in Southampton who is (or was until last weekend) a PlusNet ADSL user.

Nick
Community Veteran

Hi onenineone, if you send an email to comms@commsteam.plus.com with your ticket number and let them know nothing has happened for several days it will alert the comms team and you should get a reply within a couple of hours!

Regards