cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell that ADSL is working correctly on my phone?

N/A

I've ben struggling to get my Netgear DM602 router/modem to connect, and assuming it's a configuration problem.... but how can I tell whether there's a problem with the line - I've not, so far, used ADSL on this line
5 REPLIES
N/A

phone customer support and they can tell you if there are any line problems
N/A

+Net can no longer obtain this information from BT.

This applies to all ISPs and is BTs new idea of the month
N/A

Sasaplex as far as I can tell wants to know if adsl is activated and working on the line. PlusNet support are able to provide any information regarding this aspect of the line via BT Ignite.I think that they cant actually provide any information about the voice side of the line.Otherwise whats the point in providing an ADSL service that you cant basically support.
N/A

To Thomas the moderator:

Up to you of course - it's your forum, and you can set whatever rules you like, but I completely disagree with you.

I deliberately started a separate thread because this was a generic question that was no specifically related to the Netgear unit that was the subject of the other thread (other than the fact that it was me having both problems). The whole point of separating them was so that anyone interested in the "is my line working?" question would find it easily, not buried in a thread about a specific modem
Community Veteran

Ok, if that was your intent, then I apologise: I misjudged. I'll remove the note. Smiley

You see, the first line of your post made me believe it was essentially a way to direct help towards resolving your router problem, which was the topic of your other thread. Therefore, I deemed them to be nearly duplicates. However, as I say, I accept that was a misjudgement.

Oh, and they're not our forums anyway - we have nothing to do with PlusNet, apart from the fact that we moderate here. Cheesy

Regards,
Thomas