cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long IT Takes TO Get ADSL Home Surf

N/A

Hi i have just signed up to ADSL home surf 18.99 package on friday 5th march and i was wondering how long it will take before i will have ADSL. How long does it notmaly take overhall or for each stage.
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

I believe the lead time is about 3-5 working days for Standard ADSL (not ADSL Connect) so it would probably be this Friday or next Monday I would reckon...
N/A

thanks, does this mean i will have adsl activated by that this friday or next moday. I have looked on ADSL Traker and it is still on the first point (checking details + check adsl avaliblity how long will this take.?

Thanks
N/A

If it is still at this phase, they may be waitinf for your direct debit mandate to come through.

Did you choose to signup totaly via direct debit, or using some other method for the activation fee?

If you chose direct debit, did you choose the online method, or postal?
N/A

Re: How Long IT Takes TO Get ADSL Home Surf

Hi i have just signed up to ADSL home surf 18.99 package on friday 5th march and i was wondering how long it will take before i will have ADSL. How long does it notmaly take overhall or for each stage.

I signed up for the ADSL Home Surf the day before you, about 1/2 hour after the BT man left having installed the BT line, ported the number from ntl:, and ripped out the Home Highway box. To be honest, I expected that to cause problems.

By mid-afternoon the same day, I had the date of this Friday (12th March).

Sign-up seemed quite efficient so far.
Community Veteran

As mentioned above, most delays are caused by waiting for banks to clear direct debit arrangements.
Much quicker if you can set up with a credit card and then change to direct debit after the dust has settled. Cool
N/A

Thanks

i have set it up for direct debit payment (online methord) as i have no other way to pay, Is this the reason for the delayHuh
N/A

It should be either today or tomorrow that it is confirmed by your bank to PlusNet.

However, I would suggest that you contact your bank, and ask if they have processed a DD mandate request from PlusNet.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The lead time for ADSL is usually 7-10 days, if you choose to pay the initial fee via Direct Debit then that can add 3-4 working days onto this time as we need to confirm the Direct Debit mandate with the bank before we can submit the order through to BT.
N/A

Re: How Long IT Takes TO Get ADSL Home Surf

By mid-afternoon the same day, I had the date of this Friday (12th March).

Sign-up seemed quite efficient so far.

All working today, Tuesday, 7:30pm. Very impressed!
N/A

:lol: Cheesy
Brill
All details and direct debit confirms date give for 19th march

Cheesy

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Excessive smileys removed, as some people find them distracting.]