cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - weeks ago!

N/A

House move - weeks ago!

I have been trying to move my broadband unsuccessfully for 3 weeks - ticket number 19799955 currently says next action is on 2/8 at 9am, but no answer!
I've been with plusnet for years, with no problems, but this is getting really annoying!
What doesn't help is that they cancelled my old service (obviously) but of course still make sure they take the direct debit!
Phone service is a joke - after loads of menus, you get a recorded message saying the wait is over an hour!
I added a comment to the ticket 4 days ago asking how to get in touch with BT, but no answer to that either

Starting to get annoyed, which doesn't happen easily!

Does anyone else have this problem?
What's the best way to get someone to talk to me?

ta,
Andrew
22 REPLIES
deniroUK

House move - weeks ago!

I have a similar problem and its bloody annoying. Seems like there is nothing we can do!
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

Yup Identical issue!
Been through the forums and from what I can gather is
the time scale appears to be around 5-7days for moving to a new number and upto 10 days if you transfer your orginal.
As for finding out the progress of a migration then Im stumped!

Plusnets support is a joke (see my other post) and doesnt appear to exist!
deniroUK

House move - weeks ago!

Yeah, the support is a joke. I've had no update on my ticket thus far so god knows what the problem is with my move.
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

I have just moved house aswell and have had the same problem.Anytime I tried getting through to any of the "Help and support" phone numbers i got an answer machine, and even that told me to go to the website and do everything there. Not once was i put through to an advisor or anyone i could talk to.The support is pretty much non-existant, and Ill be cancelling my Plus.net account as i am sorely disappointed with their complete lack of customer support.
deniroUK

House move - weeks ago!

I am tempted to cancel my contract. I think I will give it until I move into my new house on Monday. If I hear nothing by then I will be off.
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

Exactly the same problem here. Plusnet seems to be going down the shitter!! I had no problems at all until i moved and now just seem to be waiting forever to get reconnected!

I am seriously thinking about going elsewhere....
deniroUK

House move - weeks ago!

I wonder how many of us there are!

To make things worse when I run the BT speed check on my new phone line it now says I can get 3mbps rather than the 6mbps that it said yesterday, so assuming I do actually get connected it will be at half the speed I thought I would get.

Beginning to wish I went with NTL.
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

Here is an update on my original post with which you can make your own opinions!
My lady friend on my behalf (bless her) rang Bt and blow and behold my line was enabled and broadband capable on the 6th of July.
Have Plusnet been in touch with regards to having my line broadband enabled on the 28th of July?
BT Nope!.
Have plusnet been in touch whatsoever?
BT Nope!.
So lady friend negoiates plusnet tech support by phone and with a little cheating gets through to someone!! Yippee!!.
(Try getting through to accounts)!!.
Plusnet "No we dont have any records on your migration"!!.
My service update was right up on the screen in front of my lady friend.
Get out of that one plusnet!!
Plusnet "We will have to create a new ticket and you will unfortuntely have to start at the back of the queue"!.
laDy friend "When will my line be enabled?"
Plusnet "It will take upto 3 weeks"!.
Dont need to go on.
Maybe it was just me or from reading from the forums these last 5 days maybe they are just totally and utterly c******!.
I need my broadband.
Bt says they have it up and running in 3-5 days.
What do I do!!
The obvious I think!!.
timps
Grafter

House move - weeks ago!

yes, same probs exactly here... same excuses and poor service...except that i was promised connection 0n 6/7 now being told i won't hear anything until 10/8 with no promises or clear explanation of why it's taking so long !!!
has anybody had a trouble free house move recently ?
see my post 3/8 in community support section
Any comments welcome ... after 5/6 yrs with plusnet i'm ready to go I'm considering Zen... anybody know anything about them ?
timps
N/A

marker

After a lot of phoning, emailing etc, i eventually tried pm'ing support - got an answer quick!
It turns out the previous occupant may have had broadband, which means plusnet can't switch mine on. They have now got in touch with BT Wholesale to remove the marker. Why couldn't they have done this in the first place, instead of telling me there was an "incompatible product" on the line?

I contacted BT (on 150) to check, and lo & behold after 5 mins they confirmed that there was indeed a "marker". Couldn't PN have done this?

After the marker is removed, it will still take at least a week for PN to turn broadband on (assuming they check whether the marker is removed yet)

Getting somewhere at last!
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

I've had the same problems after moving house 10 days ago. I told Plusnet about the move 10 days prior to that!! I think 3 weeks is more than enough time.
They used to be good but I think it's time to move. Good luck!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: marker

It turns out the previous occupant may have had broadband, which means plusnet can't switch mine on. They have now got in touch with BT Wholesale to remove the marker. Why couldn't they have done this in the first place, instead of telling me there was an "incompatible product" on the line?

Hi,

As a general rule we can't, simply because most of the time contacting BT Wholesale will just say the same thing "incompatible product on the line". Which is why you would normally pointed towards BT Retail, which leads on to:

I contacted BT (on 150) to check, and lo & behold after 5 mins they confirmed that there was indeed a "marker". Couldn't PN have done this?

Unfortunately not, as we aren't the bill payer for the voice service we can't speak to BT about that voice circuit or enquire as to what services you had on that line. Part of Data Protection, only the bill payer would be able to get the answer to this type question.

After the marker is removed, it will still take at least a week for PN to turn broadband on (assuming they check whether the marker is removed yet)

One of my colleagues has taken personal ownership of this for you, so will get it moving as soon as he can next week.
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

I have raised the appalling service issue with Complaints Direct no SW 205263 and with OFCOM no 2747401 and I feel that there are many of us who have had our subscriptions taken out and our complaints not answered or ignored.In my case they refused to answer and failed to credit me with a deposit sum and took a further sum for a subscription holding me to ransom before they would issue a MAC no.
They refuse to answer requests for a MAC no so that I can leave.This may be because their bank will want to know how many want to leave and I guess that the numbers could be very high.
I believe that if you consider that the service is so bad you should complain to the regulaters.OFCOM and Consumers Direct they are helpfull and the addresss can be Googled.I of course have written recorded delivery to the MD-No answer of course!!. Have you read the press comments on the share price?Have you read what their directors said about your comments on this Forum? You should do so and it very derogatory. I think that we should consider a Legal class action against the Company.Perhaps OFCOM will act if the complaints continue.
N/A

House move - weeks ago!

I've had similar problems with moving my broadband - every other part of my house move went smoothly. Admittedly the first problem was that the house I moved into hadn't had a BT line for 9 years and therefore until that was enabled and addedd to BT's database as ADSL enable I couldn't proceed with starting the process.

However this meant that I couldn't cancel my broadband at the old address until then either so Plusnet were apparently providing me with a service at a house I no longer owned and on a phone line that I'd disconnected!! I'm not sure if all ISPs do this in the same way but it does seem a bit stupid to me!

Hopefully by next Monday (almost 3 weeks after moving house) I'll have my broadband back.