cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting 2 domains under my account!

N/A

Hi guys

I have 2 domains hosted under my account but Im not certain how to host both under my FTP space etc...can anyone help me out

thanks a lot peeps

Craig
5 REPLIES
N/A

Log onto your ftp cd htdocs then make a dir domain1 and one called domain2.

These can be whatever you like of coarse. LOg onto the portal and in your domains point domain1 to(you guest it) the dir domain1 and domain 2 goes to two.

Its very simple you can point them both at one domain if you want and dont forget you have in effect 3 domains as you have username.plus.com as well
csogilvie
Grafter

Its very simple you can point them both at one domain if you want and dont forget you have in effect 3 domains as you have username.plus.com as well

Well, actually you can host 3 domains on standard DSL for free which gives you 4 as you can have have www.username.plus.com as well Smiley You can, however, pay extra to host more according to http://portal.plus.net/info2/domains.html
N/A

How do I go about transfering a domain in that I already have so that it is hosted under my PlusNet account?

However I want to keep the billing and accounts details where they are (123-reg.co.uk) since the registration fee is peanuts, £3.04 per year (inc VAT), compared to the £52.88 (inc VAT) fee that PlusNet charge.

I've previously followed the procedure in 'Domain Names' for transferring a domain in and had the IPS Tags changed to FORCE9 so I'm now lumbered with sorting out how to get the admin and billing put back to whence they came.

Any advice on either of these two topics greatfully recieved.
csogilvie
Grafter

At 123-reg, go to the domain administration and change the NS servers to be :

ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net

Raise a link:Contact Us ticket on your PlusNet account by following Techincal Support -> Domain Names -> Transfering an existing domain name in to host on my account -> Any .uk domain -> Manual Transfer (DNS Only) Hosting. Check, using the link on the bottom, that the domain shows the new NS servers and fill in the box as requested.
N/A

thanks !

mwright, csogilvie...thanks a lot for the info guys...appreciate it.

Beltin' forums these - thanks again

All the best

Craig