cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homechoice

N/A

Homechoice

I have been with Homechoice for some 2 years.which only ran at 115.5 via the serial port. Just over a month ago i decided to leave them and go with plusnet.
we agreed a cut off date which was the 12th September, the engineer duly called and took out their equipment on the proscribed day.
plusnet kept me advised of the progress which was zilch. Homechoice had forgotten to inform Bt of the disconnection. They agreed on the phone to put this to rights, I then found out that they had ordered it for the 20th September, never mind the fact that I had been waiting for over a month.
Thus I am waiting for Bt to disconnect my old service(exchangewise) so that Plusnet can connect me to their ADSL. If only Homechoice was as efficient as Plusnet
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Homechoice

you say that now brian, but after 2 months on adsl, i have to give the boys at homechoice full credit for a system that just stayed up and up and up.
this is my second breakdown here in as many months and im on dial up again. I think you will find with the upgrades that bt are doing is leaving not just you but many others in the dark with respect to a web connection at the moment.
just hang in there though. Wink it may yet get better.
N/A

I would agree with you that the system was rock solid, but the admin leaves a lot to be desired . i hope you get your problem sorted out soon
Brian
>>

N/A

hehe...did gary still work there?
and did you still have that irritating pulse as well? drve me nuts on q3....grrrr...havent they gone over to 512 yet?
N/A

Yup, he is, and yes they are still on 115.5, that why I left. They are going to bring 512 in October(so they say) and existing subscribers will have to pay an additional £40.00 install for a new setop box, plus you have to subscribe to one channel which makes it £27.00 a month> That's why I left.

> and did you still have that irritating pulse as well? drve me nuts on q3....grrrr...havent they gone over to 512 yet?
>

N/A

Yup, he is, and yes they are still on 115.5, that why I left. They are going to bring 512 in October(so they say) and existing subscribers will have to pay an additional £40.00 install for a new setop box, plus you have to subscribe to one channel which makes it £27.00 a month> That's why I left.

> and did you still have that irritating pulse as well? drve me nuts on q3....grrrr...havent they gone over to 512 yet?
>

N/A

> Yup, he is, and yes they are still on 115.5, that why I left. They are going to bring 512 in October(so they say)
-snip-

Hi guys
No I left HC to join another ISP's team.
Guess which one ;-)

Gary
--
"The internet is a global collection of single points of failure"