cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Surf Number?

N/A

Home Surf Number?

The DSL light on my modem has come on recently, was wanting to test it to see if it works even tho its 2 days early. What is the number to dial for ADSL Home Surf?

Thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Home Surf Number?

You don't dial a number for ADSL, it is not he same as a 56k modem, it is just tied to your phone line. Your modem just logs on to PlusNets network using the details you were supplied with or available via the Connection settings -> connection details links on the left.

If you have a Binatone ADSL 500 modem, just follow the instructions supplied to enter your adsl login and password, plus any other details it asks for and then follow the instructions for connecting to ADSL.

Note: even though the line syncs, this does not mean BT and PlusNet have finished configuring your connection. Sometimes BT do activate the line early though.
N/A

Home Surf Number?

Just tried connecting, it said invalid username/pass, I read somewhere that as soon as this happens, plusnet will activate my username or something within an hour. So does this mean my line is ADSL activated now and ready to use? Will try again in an hour to see what happens, using BT Voyager 100 modem with downloaded drivers as the person I got it from lost the CD. Hopefully it works.
Community Veteran

Home Surf Number?

You will get an email from PlusNet when your line is activated.

Sometimes the first few attempts fail so try again. However, if your line setup has not been completed by BT or PlusNet yet, you will not be able to authorise your connection until it does.
N/A

Home Surf Number?

Just tried both test accounts

Username = bt_test@startup_domain
Password = (ignored)

Username = bt_test_user@plusdsl.net or @plus.net
Password = (ignored)

and they both connected at 576kbps, guess my line is activated already Cheesy
N/A

Home Surf Number?

Been playing games for ages now that im activated, noticed I can still download through kazaa, thought you were unable to use p2p on home surf? Or do you get warnings for using it?
Community Veteran

Home Surf Number?

It may be that your account has been setup correctly at PlusNet's end, but I'm sure they will pick up on it now that you have mentioned it Smiley

Chris