cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Pings In Games

N/A

High Pings In Games

Well I have been getting extremely high pings, right now. In Counterstrike source I am getting pings which arnt even playable with. Pings above 500. I had a look at my exchange status and guess what the calander as lots of red squares on it. Apparntly maintainence is on Monday. Sad VP Congestion is High

http://metronet.co.uk/adsl/exchangeChecker
19 REPLIES
N/A

High Pings In Games

Unfortunately you are one of a growing number who are experiencing problems or issues with the BT network.

It will be sorted. How quickly, is the $64,000 question.
N/A

High Pings In Games

Have I also been downgraded, to 512 or something, Normally I am on 2mb. When ever I do a speed test I never get above 500 or is this Bt's doing because of the overload in the bt exchange.
N/A

High Pings In Games

I seriously doubt it's the BT network.

I can ping a Quake 3 server 6 hops away from me, and the first hop is pinging 70+

It's the bottleneck - IE Plusnet.

Generally tonight getting pings of over 120, which for 1mb ADSL is piss poor. I got better pings on ISDN 9 years ago.
N/A

High Pings In Games

If your exchange is over-crowded you will see poor latency to all hops (excluding any ones within your own LAN of course). If this was a PlusNet issue, all customers would be seeing it.
N/A

High Pings In Games

Hmm my exchange is over crowded at work was supposed to be dont on it on monday 17th. They must have done something because its magenta and not red.
N/A

High Pings In Games

Firstly i am on 2mb 30:1 contention 'premier' My pings on BF2 are 100+ and going up! They used to be 20-50 max!! Well i have noticed this for the past few weeks now. I contacted PN and they said the usual.. 3 tests throughout the day and 3 tests between midnight and 7am! Cut a long story short i had a vn fault. Speed test at 7am now is 1800kbs..BUT between 11am and (last online) 11pm my speeds dont get above 600kbs! Now PN say that if its over 400kbs BT dont see it as a problem. YET if you read the advertisement for the premier package it clearly says 'You'll get high-speeds even at busy times' Well thats a statement, why isn't it true? SEE HERE click on the data tab for the statement
N/A

High Pings In Games

Check your exchange status. Alot of exchanges are having problems.
N/A

High Pings In Games

Done and showing green. I had already done this on a number of occasions
N/A

High Pings In Games

this happend to me and some other m8s, they were on bt and there pings were 130ish and mine was 30 then later on i had the poor pings and theres was good :?
N/A

High Pings In Games

My pings a unplayable. Get in the game it takes agse to retreve data and then send it.
N/A

High Pings In Games

my ping is fucked as well, really not happy about it, and it ISN'T my exchange before asking me to check *again*. It's plusnet and they need to deal with it.
N/A

High Pings In Games

i joined plusnet for there pings but looks like if they dont get better i will find another isp
N/A

High Pings In Games

Everyone can point eh finger at BT or Plusnet, I don't generally care, all I care about is when it's getting fixed.

This is my first day on Plus, and on Broadband, and I'm not too impressed. Is there any date to when it will be sorted?
N/A

High Pings In Games

i am getting more and more fed up with plus net each day! more and more disconnects every day