cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's an IDEA for you Plusnet

N/A

Many of your exisiting loyal customers are waiting for their free upgrade. THEY WON'T WAIT FOREVER THOUGH!! your previous attempt to mass upgrade was frought with problems which I understand fully, Many of those upgraded met problems and tried contacting you many times raising tickets and calling because they didn't understand the nature of the upgrade process-the training routine during which drop-outs were a natural part. You had a disaster situation spiralling out of control. Your recognition was to stop it for an overly long period. You also had a major restructure of your organisation, along with other disasters e.g e-mail.
Now to the idea-
Send an e-mail to ALL customers pointing out the upgrade process, when they respond and agree to the speed upgrade. UPGRADE them immediately. They will then be forewarned and the avalanche will not descend upon your call centres because of the training period. I am sure a large part of this could be automated!
I have recommende people who have 8meg (yes Cool, they have recommended people who have 6,3,4 and they have recommended etc.. all these have faster speeds than I on 2meg premium and they pay less than I !! You have also just lost another customer (a potential referee from me)who would have come to you, he went to Orange (they are transferring 1000/day according to him) COME ON !!!!!!
10 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

If you want to be upgraded go here and ask.new signups will go straight onto max.
N/A

Gotta agree with the above.

I posted on a similar topic a while ago and was upgraded the next day.

Although i dont know if its still being done on a "if it goes wrong, dont moan, you said you wanted it done even though we'd stopped it temporarily because BT kept mucking it on" basis or not?
N/A

Thx
I have requested it twice! My last response: July 21-We have received your Question and added it to the details of your account. The Question number is [ 19883735 ] which you should quote in any correspondence with us. So next day hasn't happened in 3 months even since the last request!! All those I have recommended, or have been recommended by those I recommended etc. have faster speeds than me and all but 1 lives further away from the exchange!!(he gets 8meg Grrr) everyone who has joined locally has fast and stable connections! I Know, I set them ALL up (the router,computer wireless bits etc)It is just so annoying!!!!
N/A

As stated above, its worthwhile going here (clicky) to request your upgrade.

The mass migrations were put on hold till problems were sorted, hence your request via the ticket system was not actioned as soon as it ought to have been.

Manual upgrades are still being done, but you have to add your name to the list to get it done.

Incidentally I do agree that its a pretty poor way of doing it, but since its the only option, its the one you'll have to take. Wink
N/A

still waiting!!

the last request i made was not via the ticket system if I remember it right. but I got the "ticket response" without any action! The ticket number does not even show against my name when I look at "open tickets" I have followed your suggestion and added myself to the request list (3rd time Lucky Huh)
N/A

Looks like you got lucky already!
Mr Bailey doesn't hang about does he!

If the ticket is not appearing in the help section, you will need to look at closed tickets too.
If a ticket is returned to you, and doesn't have a response within a certain time, it closes itself.

Also a staffer at PN may have closed it, for example once your name had been added to the queue jump list (which I believe was abandoned when the mass migrations stopped)

Ah well, its all academic now, you'll be joining the ranks of MaxDSL by tomorrow according to James B.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

I requested an upgrade around mid-2005, and whilst I'm on an upto 8MB account, I'm not seeing anywhere near 2Mb, let alone 8MB .... router does, and has always reported;

DownStream Connection Speed 2272 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps
hitachi
Grafter

Not been upgraded,that is still a 2 MB line.
N/A

Plus Net are not the only one's to dis-regard there current member's when it come's to MAXdsl upgrade's, my current soon to be ex-isp Pipex have been doing the same, you can't even up or downgrade at the moment, hence why I'm moving....oh and apparently Tiscali are doing the same too.
N/A

Hey Ron,
Stick to the current package, max up grade - yeh right, max complete c*ck up more like. You get LLU forced upon you, promise of faster connection speeds, but all you get is constant disconnects, lower connection speeds, high ping and online gaming lag and then to top it all no response from the help desk.

WE ALL LOVE PLUSNET Cry