cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !!!!!

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Help !!!!!

I am currently having connection problems especially when i get a phone call it completly cuts the broadband connection i also have terrible interferance on the line i did post this problem before but BT are definately the most useless company that exists and have not helped after several calls to them. BT say i havent got a problem PN says there is no problem with my line so it must be me but i have tried everything new filters new phones blah blah blah...Anyway i had a brainwave i have another phone line that i use for a fax line (yes i know i dont need one now but i have never got round to cancelling my fax line) anyway can i change my number to my fax number to dial broadband or would this be classed as a house move and i would get charged by PN,The fax line seems very clear without any interferance, i tried to ring tech support and was told there was in excess of an hours wait Huh so ithought i might get a quicker response on here as BT keep threatening me with £60 call out £70 repair fees etc etc etc so i'm damned if i do and damned if i dont...anyone help as i cant hang on the phone for an hour or more lifes just too short.........Thanks

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title made lower case. See the Link:rules
2 REPLIES
Dean
Grafter

Help !!!!!

it would be classed as a move.

We really need to solve the underlying issue causing your main lines problems.

Have you got a microfilter on the main telephone socket? Do you have a spare which you can try to see if you have a dodgy microfilter?

Do you have a telephone extension in the house and is your modem / router attached to the end of that?

Dean
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Help !!!!!

Unfortunately i have replaced the filter twice and i am using the main telephone point for my connection. I have just had a thought can the telephone cable be affected by nearby transformers etc in plug sockets nearby ? Just a thought maybe i should strip all my cables and start again as it is a bit spaghetti looking at the moment........