cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

N/A

Help!

Have been told my dsl is now active bought a D-Link adsl modem,all I am getting is a flashing line light, do i need a microfilter even if my line is not going to be used for voice, what is the encapsulation method and modulation method...please any assistants would be gratfully recieved.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Help!

> Have been told my dsl is now active bought a D-Link adsl modem,all I am getting is a flashing line light, do i need a microfilter even if my line is not going to be used for voice, what is the encapsulation method and modulation method...please any assistants would be gratfully recieved.

You will find all the information about encapsulation method and modulation etc in the customer support adsl quick start guide. As for your microfilter, your modem should work by just plugging it straight into the line, however problems can arise from this and it is recommended that you use a filter just incase.

Just to save you time here is the details:

VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Modulation: Multimode or G.DMT ( Mine is set at multimode )
Encapsulation: RFC2364 , PPPoATM NULL Encapsulation

If your modem is a USB plug 'n' play and your adsl account is active, your modem should auto-detect these settings anyway.
--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....
N/A

RE: Help!

Thanks for that, phoned BT so they could check the line its coming up ok but theres no dial tone so they are coming out tommorow to check there instalation, looks like there chap made a muck up.