cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed for IP address ?

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I am trying to install my Voyager Wireless Router 2110 and when it comes to configure as per the instructions i ask it to automatically set ip address etc however it wont do this and it appears i will have to enter the addresses manually i dont know why XP wont assign automatically but could someone tell me the adresses i need to put in so i can connect to the internet and the voyager site which i know the address of. The other strange thing is i try to get my addresses from my current configuration and i get the error message...cant open bitmap ? Any help anyone sorry if this question is a bit mundane but i only drive it i dont know whats under the bonnet.Thanks..........
7 REPLIES
N/A

Its not clear what you asking for. You turn your router on and then in IE enter 192.168.1.1 to setup the router unless it came with a cd to do this for you.

You need to use a network cable to do the setup.

Your pc should pickup the correct ip from the router.

What exactly is it asking for?

the plus net setup guide is here

http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/voyager2110_setup_guide.pdf.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Sorry didnt make myself clear.
When i switch on the router it does not connect to the internet my computer does receive the signal but i cannot get anything on my search pages it just comes up with a yellow triangle. I also get an error on my computer that says that i am not configured properly so i follow the instructions to obtain an IP address automatically but for some reason it wont so i cant connect to anything to enter the voyager address so i thought i could configure it manually. Does this make any better sense because its confusing the hell out of me. Anyway i will use your link and try again Many Thanks
James
Grafter

So basically...

When you turn the router on it doesn't connect to the internet? That doesn't strike me as an IP Addressing issue, more to do with the fact that your router isn't connecting automatically.

I'm afraid I'm not massively familiar with the router as I've never had one, but is there an option to connect automatically under advanced settings?
N/A

Plug the router in to the adsl.
Connect the pc with a network cable.
Turn the router on (it cant connect to the internet until you have set it up)
Turn on pc and the open IE and enter 192.168.1.1 you should get the webpage of the router so you can set it up.

If you dont get that check in control panel/network connections/local area connection then properties and make sure the tcip is set to get ip automatically.

If you dont have a local area network you need to either enable the network card in the bios or install the drivers.

If you get the setup page enter your details as per instructions save it and then it should connect to the internet.

If none of this works open a cmd prompt and type ipconfig /all and post the results.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Many thanks for your help i will keep you informed..
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

All working now thanks, everything went smoothly i think was something to do with my network key thats why it wasnt connecting, you must have thought i was an idiot as it all seems so simple now..maybe thats something to remember make sure you have your glasses on and you enter the network key correctly...not only did i enter it incorrectly but i actually re entered it incorrectly..time for a change of glasses i think anyway as usual this forum came up trumps many thanks for everyones help....
chrisc
Grafter

Glad to hear everything is working ok now!

Those pesky network keys Wink