cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me - i'm too happy with my connection

N/A

This is a terrible thing - it just dropped and came back up at 2mbps when my line stats apparently only support 1mbps. This made me so happy that I nearly caused injury when jumping for joy.

On a serious note - does anyone know what exact criteria are used when definining P2P, gaming, VoIP and streaming? As I don't use P2P a lot, i'm not a gamer and I rarely (if ever) stream audio, my usage in these categories is confusing. Anyone got port numbers etc?
3 REPLIES
N/A

The fact that you don't do any of the things mentioned probably explains your happiness with your connection :roll: If you were to start doing them, then welcome to a world of pain.
N/A

The few times I do use P2P, streaming audio and similar services it seems to have been perfect. What i'm interested in though is why the "show my broadband usage" page shows so much traffic with these services and what kind of criteria are used to define what kind of traffic comes into these categories. I'd rather do my own rate limiting on my end rather than fall foul of the sustainable usage policy.

Plusnet's customer service has got a bit worse than it used to be (I can't get a human on the phone) but the service itself still seems great.
N/A

It depends on how much is showing over what you'd expect I guess, when I have queried the odd mb or 2 in the past I was told that its background internet 'noise' and quite normal. If its a significant amount then I would raise a ticket to get it looked into.