cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Setup

N/A

Help With Setup

Hi,

I'm having some problems setting up my adsl connection. I'm using a wireless adsl router/modem unit, and although I set a router up once before it was a bit of trail and error... and I think I'm beaten on this one now Sad

Basically I'm under the impression that my in "Network Connections" I should have an "Internet Gateway" when I'm connected. This isn't showing. There is a feature to "connect" in the router admin script but this always fails.

Using:
-Laptop with built in wireless (have been using laptop on other wireless connections without problems)
-D-Link DSL-G604T, Wireless ADSL router.

Everythinig is unplugged from my home telephone system apart from the router which is passing through a microfilter.

Done So Far
-Set up DCHP network with my laptop and the router. Got "excellent" level of signal etc.
-Configured the admin web page on the router as per the Quick Install Guide supplied. I've put in verulam@plusdsl.net but also tried verulam-plusdsl.net. There is a conflitcing advice on the email I received from plusnet and the plusnet portal info. Which is correct?
- Entered password, PPPoA, VPI:0, VCI:38, QOS:UBR, Keep Alive:10min, MRU:1500bytes, Set Route:yes, Encapsulation:VC. Note that PCR and SCR are blank, can't seem to find any values for these.
-On another page there is an empty "default gateway" section. I've tried putting @plusdsl.net in but it requires an IP address.

Can anyone help?
thanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

Help With Setup

Your logon name is
verulam@plusdsl.net
or verulam@plus.net depending which your on.
The other setting look ok.

What is happening is there any error message. Most router will show you connecting with states. Is the router connecting but your pc isnt?
csogilvie
Grafter

Help With Setup

Theres a bug in the portal, which has been raised to developers about the login names being username-plusdsl.net
N/A

Help With Setup

I don't think the router is connecting.

My PC is connecting fine to the router, I have a little green graph showing and "excellent" connection in my system tray.
N/A

Help With Setup

We need more to go on than that. Can you get to the routers webpage? can you try ping www.plus.net and see what happens? Then do a tracert www.plus.net. Let us have the results.

On the router it should show your connection and should show its connected somewere
N/A

Help With Setup

Thanks for the help everyone, I've solved the problem :-)

Its highly embarassing though... just thought I'd try the adsl router on another phone point and noticed I had the adsl cable plugged into the wrong socket on the back. Whoops... sorry for being so dumb.
mitchell20
Grafter

Help With Setup

It doesn't help new users when the info on the 'Connections setting' page is wrong ie the login name, the '@' symbol seems to have been replaced with a '-' symbol instead

should be user@plusdsl.net but showing as user-plusdsl.net
Community Veteran

Help With Setup

See colins reply earlier. It's already on the list to be fixed.
N/A

Help With Setup

Probably a good job I happened to have read this thread since I had my username with the - instead of the @.

You would have thought this would be a matter of urgency otherwise new users won't be able to connect and won't know why!

Having said that in my case it doesn't matter since 2 weeks has almost passed since I ordered my ADSL and I am still not connected and all I get is support telling me 'Your order is due for completion EOD Thursday', when that passes its 'Your order is due for completion EOD Monday'....

Lets just say my view of Plusnet isn't very good from my own experience so far, I hope that changes when/if I finally get connected. If this is supposedly one of the best BB ISP's then I would hate to see the worst.

Pete
N/A

Help With Setup

Having said that in my case it doesn't matter since 2 weeks has almost passed since I ordered my ADSL and I am still not connected and all I get is support telling me 'Your order is due for completion EOD Thursday', when that passes its 'Your order is due for completion EOD Monday'....

This is the feedback PlusNet get from BT. They are in the hands of BT who have to configure your connection at the exchange.
N/A

Help With Setup

Since one of my phone lines at this address is not ADSL compatible, it is probably touch and go as to whether I can get it anyway.

It just seems an excessive waiting period and nobody likes waiting, if we did we would all be content with dial up Cry