cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help What speed Should Get

N/A

These are my Line Stats (Only getting 512k)
Noise Margin
19 dB Upstream
10.5 dB DownStream

Output Power
12 dBm Upstream
16 dBm Downsteam

Attenuation
31.5 dB Upstream
-61 dB Downstream

Belkin Router
5 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

512k is right, 61db is outside of the 60db limit for 1meg, and with only 10.5 db snr you would probably struggle with disconnections if it was upgraded.
Community Veteran

But router line stats can be wrong by several dB (mine were 5 dB out for both line attenuation and SNR) so the real figures may well be better.

The only way to find out is to request a woosh test from PlusNet but that is normally only used for diagnosing line faults so they may not do it for you.
N/A

can i get 1 meg

I have plug in my wireless router into my master bt socket and the snr has gone up to 12 does that mean i will have more luck in getting 1 meg.
Community Veteran

When yoru speed is upgraded, the SNR figure often reduces by 4 -> 6dB which will still put you below the recommended 10dB SNR figure so BT may still reject your speed increase due to that.

As I explained earlier, the only way to find out is with a woosh test which only PlusNet can run.
kitz
Rising Star

>> But router line stats can be wrong by several dB (mine were 5 dB out for both line attenuation and SNR) so the real figures may well be better.

They can indeed.

Although the WOOSH tests performed by Plusnet will show your Attenuation (Loop Loss), they dont always show your SNR Margin.

However, WOOSH shouldnt be relied on too much, as they get their information from the router/modem that is attached at your end.

When I had problems at the exchange, I was carried out a couple of tests with different routers.
The results are at the bottom of the page here.

As you can see, the loop loss varied in line with which router was attached at the time of the woosh.