cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required with Linksys WAG54G configuration

N/A

Can anybody provide some help/aid/suggestions as to how I go about enabling security features on the Linksys WAG54g without it losing my ADSL connection when I try to save security settings when setting?

I have a Centrino Sony Vaio Notebook (PCG-Z1RAP) that incorporates an Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PC Adapter (Driver 1.1.6.0 - which seems to be the latest available). When I configure my Linkysys WAG54g I am able to set the basic settings through IE (PPoA, VC etc etc), save and continue however when I try to then change the SSID (mixed setting enabled i.e. b/g) and disable broadcasting the SSID, save and continue I lose the connection/gateway and cannot recover. I have tried resetting and rebooting the modem and notebook many times in the process to no avail. Aghhhhh!

The weird thing is I was able to get the service up and running earlier in the week with WEP 128bit encryption enabled but I tried to upgrade if you like to WPA PSK encryption and I wasn't able to save the settings and consequently I lost the connection (thought this would be easy or easier than setting up WEP in the first instance).

As stated I have tried to reset everything and renable WEP or some security but I cannot. I do not want to run the gateway without some level of security.

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Regards

Paul
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Paul,

I can't help with your problem, but this link might :-

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=82&g=57

Regards
N/A

Hi Paul,

I have one of these and initially had all sorts of problems (not yours I hasten to add) which resulted in me upgrading/downgrading firmware revisions until I finally found one that seems to work ok, this one was not available from the linksys website I had to get it from their ftp. I'm currently running version 1.2.07.

If you aren't on that one give it a try it cured a multitude of problems on mine.

cheers

Chris

p.s. if you can't find it drop me a line and i'll make it available to you, assuming my post results in someone telling me why my mail only gets delivered once a week now!