cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! New user - no internet

N/A

I had an email last week saying my transfer was going ahead today. I noticed I had no internet this morning so my old ISP has been turned off (I guess). I have not received an email from Plusnet with my user details and the tracking page is still showing: bt processing. I have send a "question" and I have telephoned but I still have no response from anyone. I am really annoyed. Anyone know what I can do?

Feydra
4 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet are very good at not sending the settings infromation before your previous ISP is removed from the line. If anyone from PN is reading this you should send the setting email when the MAC is given to you not after the migration.

General UK ADSL settings

VPI = 0
VCI = 38
ADSL Modulation: Auto, G.DMT or ANSI T1.413
Encapsulation Mode: PPP over ATM (PPPoA (PPP over ATM)- RFC2364) VC-MUX
Authentication: CHAP

Specific PlusNet Settings

Modem username: username@plusdsl.net or @plus.net
Modem password: password
Primary DNS Server: 212.159.13.49
Secondary DNS Server: 212.159.13.50

Username and Password are as chosen when signing up
N/A

Thanks for the reply. I still cannot connect. So the broadband username is the account username with @plusdsl.net on the end? I had already tried that but the step by step guide says "Enter your broadband username (this is different to your account username)" and I got totally confused. I think that, somehow, my old ISP service has been switched off but the plusnet one hasn't been switched on. I haven't received an activation email so maybe something has gone wrong. I just wish I could speak to someone. I will not pay premium rate telephone charges so if this goes on I shall be cancelling the service. I am very, very disappointed.

Feydra
N/A

If it's just a account authentication problem then you modem should be showing a solid/sync link. You should not be seeing a flashing sync light.

Can you view the log for the modem this should confirm whether it's down to username and password. Yes username feydra@plusdsl.net
N/A

In july last year plus net sent me everything I needed to know! Simple!

How times have changed!